TivoWebPlus issue....

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by A.D.I.D.A.S, Jul 25, 2011.

1. A.D.I.D.A.S

A.D.I.D.A.S New Member

Apr 30, 2009
    Central...
    Hello,
    I Just completed a series 2 enhancement. My issue now is when I type in the IP of the tivo into my browser It takes me to the Tivo page
    Code:
    Congratulations!
    You’ve successfully connected your TiVo® box to your home network, enabling a number of exciting new Home Media features
    What can I do to get back to my TivoWebPlus page, I have Bash and FTP accesses.

Thank you

2. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    Series 2 and above does not need TWP or telnet access. You can simply download your records, providing you have set in your Tivo.com account, under DVR Preferences, checked on TRANSFERS and DOWNLOADS. Once these are enabled on th Tivo, you will get a Media Access Key and this MAK is what is used to de-crypt your recordings and allow transfers back and forth using either Tivo Desktop or PyTivo, KMTTG, and others.

Series 2 is pretty much outdated, but it is the only Tivo DVR available today that will accept satellite. It will also accept OTA (antenna, with a digital converter), analog cable, cable with a digital cable box. analog recorder.

Series 3/HD/HD XL and Premiere is only for OTA and cable, no satellite accepted. Cable cards are used instead of cable boxes, records 2 channels at once, digital recorder, Netflix streaming, youtube, etc.

3. David Platt

David Platt Mouse Master TCF Club

Dec 13, 2001
    Portland, OR
    TWP has very little to do with transferring recordings to your computer. It is a web server that runs on a hacked TiVo that enables you to completely interact with the box-- search for and set up recordings, create and delete season passes, edit your ToDo list, etc. There is nothing that nearly approaches it without hacking.

4. A.D.I.D.A.S

A.D.I.D.A.S New Member

Apr 30, 2009
    Central...
    Thanks for the reply guys. David is correct and this is why I want to be able to get back to the TivoWebPlus main page by typing the Tivo's IP.

5. djl25

djl25 C64 hacker

May 26, 2005
    Providence, RI
    Just so you know, most of the TWP support is on the other forum. You might want to just try connecting on the alternate port: http://<<yourtivoaddress>>:8080

6. A.D.I.D.A.S

A.D.I.D.A.S New Member

Apr 30, 2009
    Central...
    Oh, ok. Thanks for the hint and I will try the other.

Thank you