TivoWebPlus 1.3.1 help needed

Discussion in 'TiVo Underground' started by Pharquart, Feb 11, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Pharquart

Pharquart New Member

Dec 30, 2004
    Michigan

Advertisements

I resurrected an old Series 1/TurboNet standalone box to operate as a security cam/CCTV device. I'm familiar with the old software hacks and have TivoWebPlus 1.3.1 running. TWP all works like expected except for the streaming to PC part. When I click one of the "view" links, I get a 404 error (file not found). The link syntax is "192.168.1.160/asx/6179773.asx" The IP address is correct (set up as static IP), and the 6179773 matches the FSID listing for the recording.

Here's what's really odd: there were a couple programs recorded earlier that I can stream from the .asx file. The links work, so I know the TiVo streaming (vserver) is operational, and the .asx files are associated with Windows Media Player. But anything new can't find the file and generates the 404 error.

The difference between new and old recordings is that I tinkered with the drive in between. Originally, I couldn't connect to the TiVo on the IP address I'd assigned. In the end, I think the CacheCard that was originally in there had failed so the TiVo wasn't actually on the network. I installed a TurboNet card in its place, mounted the drive in an old IDE-compatible PC, installed the TurboNet drivers, and made sure the rc.net file was accurate for the IP address. I didn't tinker with any of the TWP files. Every program recorded since then is "lost" to the view link in TWP.

I can Telnet in to the box to poke around. I don't know where the .asx files are supposed to be to check the link syntax.

This feels like a simple fix, just one config setting not quite right. But everything I see seems to be correct. Any TivoWebPlus experts out there have a suggestion? Most Google hits about this point to the forums on the database of deals, something that doesn't seem to be operational anymore.

Brian Z.

2. Pharquart

Pharquart New Member

Dec 30, 2004
    Michigan
    Update: I happened to have downloaded one of the working .asx files at one point. It's just a text file. It looks like this:

<asx version="3.0">
    <title>TiVoWeb ASX file</title>
    <entry>
    <title>Plowing Jan 24-2021 - </title>
    <author>TiVo Stream</author>
    <ref href="tivo://192.168.1.160/6141530" />
    </entry>
    </asx>

I found that I can edit this file and change the FSID in the 6th line (6141530 in this case) to a different FSID as listed on TWP and it works to pull up that stream. This is true for all recordings, new and old. So the actual files can be streamed. It's just like the "View" links in TWP are pointing wrong.

I found a 2.0 version on TivoWebPlus. I may try that one.

Brian Z.