Tivoweb error

Discussion in 'TiVo Series 1 - UK' started by RichardJH, Oct 11, 2007.

1. RichardJH

RichardJH New Member

Oct 7, 2002
    Hanworth....
    Started to get the following error when using TW 1.9.4 info module has anyone got any idea why.

Thanks

Richard

2. TCM2007

TCM2007 New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    A recording on the TiVo has no start or end date for when it was recorded for some reason, and TW isn't trapping the error.

3. RichardJH

RichardJH New Member

Oct 7, 2002
    Hanworth....
    Is there an easy way of finding which recording it may be.

4. mrtickle

mrtickle Active Member

Aug 26, 2001
    Birmingham, UK
    Go to the Now Showing page in the UI module, and click the links in the Episode column until you find the one which crashes (or has no start or end date).

5. RichardJH

RichardJH New Member

Oct 7, 2002
    Hanworth....
    How are start or end date titled as the only dates I see are OAD, showing, expiration, deletion and cancel.

6. TCM2007

TCM2007 New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    Date recorded.

7. mrtickle

mrtickle Active Member

Aug 26, 2001
    Birmingham, UK
    Ah, so do none of them crash then? It would be helpful if you could provide some more information! Did you go through them all?

From what I can gather in the source code it's the "Duration" field near the top that is important here, sorry for the confusion. TiVoweb pulls out the start+end date+time in order to calculate it.

(Once you find the "problem" recording, the best thing to do is watch and then delete it)

8. RichardJH

RichardJH New Member

Oct 7, 2002
    Hanworth....
    :confused: :confused:

On Now playing screen in TW all programmes have a date shown, and when I click an episode I can see a showing date for all programmes and an expiration date for all that are not KUID.

I found 3 programmes that showed a negative duration albeit they all played OK and correct lenghth. Those 3 programmes I have put somewhere else :rolleyes: :D :D :rolleyes: and deleted them from the Tivo.

Still am getting the same error message though

9. mrtickle

mrtickle Active Member

Aug 26, 2001
    Birmingham, UK
    Also I've spotted...
    Code:
    syntax error in expression "([COLOR=SandyBrown]0[/COLOR] * 86400 + [COLOR=Blue]75900[/COLOR]) - [COLOR=Red]([/COLOR] * 86400 + [COLOR=Green]71938[/COLOR])"
    while executing
    "expr ([COLOR=SandyBrown]$stopdate[/COLOR] * 86400 + $stoptime) - [COLOR=Red]($startdate[/COLOR] * 86400 + $starttime)"

$stopdate is 0, and $startdate is missing. At the time that the recording was created it didn't/couldn't save the dates.

We can narrow down the search to see which recording it was, though - it ended at 75900 seconds after midnight (22:05 BST) and started at 71938 (20:58). You use Endpad, don't you! :D

Is the clock wrong on your TiVo, or has it been recently? Is the time being set correctly in your daily calls?

Can you type this at a bash prompt, what happens?
    Code:
    /bin/ntpdate -b 204.176.49.40 204.176.49.41

10. RichardJH

RichardJH New Member

Oct 7, 2002
    Hanworth....
    The clock seems to have been alright.

After deleting the rogue negative duration shows and still getting the error I opted to do a rebbot and guess what all is now well. Thanks for all the help.

11. mrtickle

mrtickle Active Member

Aug 26, 2001
    Birmingham, UK
    No probs. Sometimes tivoweb can no longer read the Db properly and needs restarting, so it may have been that.