TiVoToGo Transfer - DVR Display Problem

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by jumpeddie, Mar 28, 2007.

1. jumpeddie

jumpeddie New Member

Mar 28, 2007

Advertisements

Hi all,

I recently changed my DVR name on the TiVo website and it hasn't propagated to the TiVo Transfer application. It still displays the old name.

Has anyone had this same issue? Any thoughts on how I can resolve?

Thanks!

JG

2. supasta

supasta Active Member

May 6, 2006
    Colorado
    Yes. After a day or so and a connection to the TiVo mother ship, the DVR will reflect the change.

3. jumpeddie

jumpeddie New Member

Mar 28, 2007
    I have had this problem for about a month now. Is there any way I can force a connection to the 'mother ship'? :)

Thanks again,

JG

4. Skinny Kid

Skinny Kid But my girl is phat!

Jun 30, 2003
    Durand, Mi
    Yes, you can force a connection to the mother ship. Hit TiVo and then goto Messages and Settings then goto Settings then Phone and Network. Now select Connect to the TiVo service now. :eek:

But the name still may take a couple days to propagate down to your box.

5. jumpeddie

jumpeddie New Member

Mar 28, 2007

Advertisements

Last connection was yesterday - so, it looks like something else is going on. I forced the connection anyway.

Any other ideas?

6. Skinny Kid

Skinny Kid But my girl is phat!

Jun 30, 2003
    Durand, Mi
    If it has been a month since you changed it then call TiVo. If not then just be patient and wait.

Or change it again and wait a couple days to see if it takes effect. Then call TiVo if it does not.

7. jumpeddie

jumpeddie New Member

Mar 28, 2007
    Has anyone experienced this problem before? Essentially, Tivo Transfer does not display my current TiVo DVR names after being re-named on TiVo Central.

I am using two TiVo Series 2 DVRs and a MacBook Pro with Roxio 8 and TiVo Transfer. TiVo and Roxio have been less than helpful.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

JG