TiVoToGo Stops

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by photosurrealism, Sep 15, 2010.

1. photosurrealism

photosurrealism New Member

Aug 31, 2010

Advertisements

I got my Premiere XL a few weeks ago and am still integrating it into my system. I've got pyTiVo and iTiVo on a Mac (as well as web browsers, of course).

I can access the TiVo via its web interface or iTiVo for a while, but after I transfer a file or two, it stops working. Connections are made but timeout without sending any data. Only way I've found to get it going again is to reboot the TiVo, which is unacceptable, of course (and takes forever).

The other networking on the TiVo works fine at this point- it will take files from the Mac or the Net, but it will not answer any web connections to itself (again, they connect but timeout). The problem is definitely on the TiVo side and only for web/TiVoToGo access as far as I can tell.

Is there anything I can do? If this is as good as it gets, I need to send it back before my month is up- I'm used to my Replays, and it's absolutely crucial that I can get shows off of there.

2. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    TiVo Desktop works fine with the Premiere. That is the only thing I use daily. I only use pyTiVo and KMTTG occassionally. But I'm also using a windows environment.

3. photosurrealism

photosurrealism New Member

Aug 31, 2010
    I have not tried it (no MS Windows machines here, but I can try it with WINE tonight), but it won't work here, I assure you. The TiVo won't send anything over the web once it stops, to anyone, period. Wouldn't matter what client was asking if it's using the web interface underneath. It's not a client problem.

I can download a file or two fine and then it just stops responding on the HTTPS port. That's not something that different software on my computer can do anything about, is it? I'm pretty sure I've diagnosed the problem correctly, I'm just hoping someone else has seen it.