TivoToGo password on xbox MCE

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by shuotari, Dec 3, 2005.

1. shuotari

shuotari New Member

Jul 10, 2003
    Portland...
    I have three tivos, a Media Center Edition 2005, and a xbox with tthe Media Center Extender.

When I try to open a Tivo recorded show that I transferred via TivoToGo on the xbox, I get a dialog asking for a password. I tried to put in my media access key and it will not work.

Any help?

Scott

2. greg_burns

greg_burns Now in HD

May 21, 2004
    Slower...
    What version of TivoDesktop do you have installed on your Media Center Edition 2005 pc? TivoDesktop 2.0 required a playback password which you set in the TivoDesktop interface. This password is in addition to setting your MAK.

TivoDesktop 2.1 & 2.2 did away with the playback password.

You may want to consider removing the DRM to avoid the predicament you find yourself in. ;)

3. shuotari

shuotari New Member

Jul 10, 2003
    Portland...
    I have 2.2. I think that DRM is Digital Rights management. I don't know how to turn that off. I would like to turn it off. Not that I want to do anything illegal. I just wanna play my video file I downloaded from my Tivo.

4. greg_burns

greg_burns Now in HD

May 21, 2004
    Slower...
    I sent you a Private Messages on this forum.

5. spinerep

spinerep New Member

Aug 8, 2003
    Has anyone solved this problem? I have tried everything i can think of. Anyone help?
    Thanks

6. greg_burns

greg_burns Now in HD

May 21, 2004
    Slower...
    Have you tried removing the encryption with DirectShow Dump?

7. spinerep

spinerep New Member

Aug 8, 2003
    not quite sure how to try that. Mind explaining?
    Thanks

8. greg_burns

greg_burns Now in HD

May 21, 2004
    Slower...
    Type DirectShow Dump into google. :rolleyes: Download it. Gotta have .NET 1.1 installed on your machine already for it to run (and TivoDesktop).

If everything is set up correctly you can Add Files to DSD and they will queue up to have the DRM removed. It spits out regular .mpg files. Easy as pie.

You should just mod your xbox. Still won't play .tivo files, but XBMC can play everything else under the sun. :cool:

I have not heard good things about the Medica Center extender for the xbox 1.