TivoTogo & MRV on S3 with Tivo Wireless adapter....

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by TexasGrillChef, Jul 12, 2007.

1. TexasGrillChef

TexasGrillChef New Member

Sep 15, 2006

Advertisements

According to TIVO...

http://dynamic.tivo.com/2.1.1.0.ws.asp

If you get their refurb S3 with free Tivo wireless adapter you get TivoToGo & MRV!

See:

300-hour TiVo® Series3™ HD DVR with TiVo wireless network adapter
    Get the same HD quality: with certified THX audio, razor-sharp HD video, broadband connectivity, and dual-tuner recording. Plus, get a FREE factory renewed TiVo Wireless G Network Adapter with this package.

World's only Digital Media Recorder with THX®-certification
    Control live HDTV and record 2 digital cable shows at once†
    300 hours of standard recording time or up to 32 in HD
    Backlit, programmable TiVo® remote, easy to configure to your TV
    Program source:
    Digital cable service with 2 CableCARD™ decoders from your cable provider
    Digital antenna
    Note: Not compatible with satellite. Also supports basic cable (non-HD) and analog antenna (non-HD)
    With the TiVo Wireless G USB Network Adapter you can easily connect your TiVo DVR to your 802.11g or 802.11b wireless home network. Enjoy TiVoToGo™ and Multi-Room Viewing transfers, Music and Photos, Online Scheduling, and more.

Since I do beleive this isn't TRUE.... I think this falls under FALSE Advirtisement...
    Any lawyers out there care to comment?

Should we file class action lawsuit? hmmmmm?

TexasGrillChef

2. MediaLivingRoom

MediaLivingRoom New Member

Dec 10, 2002
    Sounds good to me, I'll buy two or more and replace all my Series 2 TiVo's if this is true.

3. mdscott

mdscott Active Member

Jun 26, 2002
    Hermosa...
    You missed this at the bottom of the screen:

"Not all TiVo service networking features are currently available on the TiVo Series3 HD. Please see product FAQ for further details."

Now this may the equivalent of the fast talking disclaimers at the end of commercials but it IS there nonetheless.

Michael

4. Kablemodem

Kablemodem Get the ketchup.

May 26, 2001
    Sherman...
    It's a mistake and you know it's a mistake. They are describing the capabilities of the wireless adapter, not necessarily that of the S3. They obviously cut and paste the wording from an S2 product description. They have been confusing their S2 and S3 product descriptions from the beginning, but the intention is that those features will eventually be activated on the S3.

5. ZeoTiVo

ZeoTiVo I can't explain

Jan 2, 2004

Advertisements

maybe someday this will be about actual MRV/TTG on an S3 and be worth my time to open the thread based on the subject line. *sigh*

6. MediaLivingRoom

MediaLivingRoom New Member

Dec 10, 2002

Tricky, tricky, TiVo.....lots of gotcha's