TivoToGo 2.5 not installing

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by smeggy, Aug 13, 2007.

1. smeggy

smeggy New Member

Apr 26, 2006
    Templeton, MA
    I'm having issues with TivoToGo installations.

This is on a Windows 2003 server that had been running TivoToGo 2.4 previously (and that had been upgraded from previous versions, for several versions back). This is the first time I've had a problem upgrading at all.

I downloaded tivodesktop2.5.exe and launched it. It noted I had 2.4 open, so I closed it and carried on. It failed at the point, right up front, when the main installer GUI launches and it checks for drive space (there is plenty).

I get an additional popup window stating:

Title: Installer Information
    Body: InstallHelper message processing failed for message "getfp:0x001c" Error description:

then nothing but an "OK" button

If I click that, the Tivo installer GUI closes, and I get:

Title: TiVo Desktop 2.5 installer error
    Body: The installation ended prematurely because an error occurred

"OK"

Does anyone have any ideas? 2.4 worked fine, but I can't find a download for that anywhere. I've downloaded 2.5 a few times now, so it's not a corrupt file.

Help!

2. smeggy

smeggy New Member

Apr 26, 2006
    Templeton, MA
    I should add, I've done some searching, and I'm not on Vista, have no user access control, or Windows defender apps running.

The only thing I've not tried is installing locally - I'm on a remote desktop connection. I've used a remote desktop connection for these upgrades before (it's the primary way I connect to this machine), so if it works locally (will test tonight) something has changed in the application, which will be frustrating :mad:

3. PierreS

PierreS New Member

Nov 17, 2002
    Woodinville, WA
    Just hit the same problem on my Windows 2003 SP1 system. Has anyone managed to install Tivotogo 2.5 on any Windows 2003 server?

4. PierreS

PierreS New Member

Nov 17, 2002
    Woodinville, WA
    Ok I see what happened. I was using RemoteDesktop to access my server. Running the installer via a local login fixed the issue.

5. brota

brota New Member

Dec 16, 2004
    I did not have a monitor hooked up.
    So I installed vnc via remote desktop.
    Then used vnc to install.
    rebooted and went back to remote desktop

6. spot1x

spot1x New Member

Jun 8, 2004
    A little tip for you guys I use on my 2003 server all the time. To get to a consol from remote desktop all you have to do is launch the remote desktop in console mode from the run window or a command window:

mstsc.exe /console

mstsc.exe /? ----this will give you a list of all the switch options.

Running it in console mode gives you a true console(like your sitting in front of the server) not an RDP admin consol. It works great for installing apps.