tivo's wirless adaptor

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by catlvr4, Jun 25, 2006.

1. catlvr4

catlvr4 New Member

Sep 26, 2005

Advertisements

I am finally going to get one of these. i currently have a linksys wrt54gs, i have one computer wired and one wireless. 99 % of the time the router works, but occasionally we do have to unplug it in order to get onthe internet.
    anyway, my question is, does tivo's adaptor work w/ the above linksys router??? thanks
    deb

2. Glued2TiVo

Glued2TiVo Now in Color!

Jan 1, 2005
    St. Louis, MO
    There is a page on TiVo's site that will list all KNOWN routers that work with TiVo. I'm not exactly sure there it is, but with some searching, you will be able to find it.

3. mick66

mick66 Dirty Burger

Oct 15, 2004
    The 'verse
    There is no such Tivo.com page.
    There should be no reason for a wrt54gs to not work with the Tivo adapter.

4. Autosound

Autosound New Member

Jun 14, 2006
    I have the Tivo adapter on my DT and it works great. I do have a few questions about it though. Like is it a wireless G adapter? and Can I use it on a computer later in the future? It would just be nice to know.

5. rjmitche

rjmitche Member

Dec 30, 2004

Advertisements

From the description on the TiVo Accessories page at tivo.com (red emphasis added):

6. 2njl

2njl New Member

Jan 23, 2006
    The unfortunate thing is, the Tivo Wireless G adaptor will not work with "all" 802.11b and 802.11g networks and when it doesn't work, it gives you a silly numeric error code that really doesn't tell you anything more than "it didn't work".

When I got mine, I was using a rather old SMC 802.11b bridge. Tivo could see my broadcasted ESSID, but would not use the network. I ended up replacing the SMC with a WRT54G (configured in bridging mode), and got the Tivo working.

7. mchips

mchips TiVo Fanatic

Feb 21, 2003
    Midwest
    I'm using two TiVo Wireless-G Adapters (one on a 540 and another on a DT), with a Linksys WRT54GS v.2 (Firmware v4.70.6) router, and they've been working great... not a single problem...