Tivos no longer see each other

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by KJN, Sep 17, 2019.

Tags:
  1. KJN

KJN Member

Feb 24, 2019
    Boston area
    I have 3 Tivos on my network, and they all used to share or transfer between each other just fine. A Bolt, Premier XL4, and an old 2 tuner HD. The Bolt died, and the replacement Bolt cannot see or be seen by the other Tivos. The Bolt uses the online transfers, and the others share under devices. Now I get an exclamation point under devices, and nothing happens with the online transfers. They all have good signal, and they have been selected and show on my device page. They have the same MAK. They have been restarted and been connected to theTivo network many times.
    Anything else I can try, Thanks.

2. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
  3. KJN

KJN Member

Feb 24, 2019
    Boston area
  4. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
  5. justen_m

justen_m Cheesehead

Jan 14, 2004
    Boise, ID
    Go to online.tivo.com, login, then go to http://online.tivo.com/start/transfer
    This should allow transfers between your TE4 Bolt and your Premiere XL, I think. Not your old TiVoHD. So if you want to transfer between the Bolt and TiVoHD now, you have to go through the Premiere. Again, I've never had a Premiere, but I think it supports online transfers. I could be wrong.

Or, as suggested, rollback the Bolt from TE4 to TE3. That'd be my suggestion. My Bolt (TE3), Roamio (TE3), and TiVoHD can all see each other and transfer shows directly. I can use online.tivo.com/start/transfer to transfer shows between my Bolt and Roamio, but not TiVoHD.

Now is the time to rollback your Bolt, as doing erases all shows on the Bolt... but since it is new, there shouldn't be anything there yet. Or very little to back up.

6. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    A Premiere can transfer with Online.

Just keep in mind, all Online does is stuff the commands into the destinations To Do List.

7. KJN

KJN Member

Feb 24, 2019
    Boston area
    It all worked perfectly with the old Bolt which was running Hydra. The units show up at the online transfer page, but nothing transfers when I select it. The one passes did transfer, just no shows. The old HD Tivo can no longer see the bolt under devices, which used to work well.