Tivos live tv button now brings up guide

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Seosg, Nov 18, 2011.

1. Seosg

Seosg New Member

May 30, 2003
    Dont know what happened. Installed new tv amp ect but nothing new to TiVo. Now my live tv button no longer swaps tuners, it just brings up the guide. How can fix this back to swapping tuners??

2. dianebrat

dianebrat wait.. I did what? TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    It thinks it's an old style remote, this is a built in safety net for compatibility.
    Just press the Tivo button on the remote and that will tell the Tivo to expect commands from a new-style remote and the buttons should work right again.

3. Seosg

Seosg New Member

May 30, 2003
    It's a TiVo slide remote. Tried my older premium remote as well and it doesn't change tuners either. Seems the problem is in the TiVo unit. Maybe I'll do a reset of the TiVo box

4. Jonathan_S

Jonathan_S Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2001
    Northern...
    The remote compatibility thing is your TiVo unit. If it thinks you used an 'old style' remote that doesn't have a seperate liveTV button then all your remotes will have LiveTV/Guide act as a toggle.

Pressing the TiVo button should have let the TiVo know that you've got a 'new style' remote. But if it didn't go ahead and try rebooting the TiVo; it couldn't hurt.

5. geekserver

geekserver New Member

Dec 5, 2006
    Tucson
    that just happened to me on my S2DT

I held down the Tivo button and the live tv button for about 30 seconds and then it all worked

6. dkraft

dkraft Member

Dec 20, 2004
    Anytime I put the premier in standby, I have to press the TiVo button to get the live tv button to work again after I wake the Premier.

7. jjd416

jjd416 Member

Nov 24, 2009
    I've had the same annoying problem since I got my TPXL last year. Resetting the box does nothing. I just tried pressing the "TiVo" button suggested above, but that too did nothing. I am using a slide remote. Any other ideas?

8. ggieseke

ggieseke Well-Known Member

May 30, 2008
    Have you tried using the Live TV button to bring it out of standby? Works like a charm on my Series 2s.

9. jjd416

jjd416 Member

Nov 24, 2009
    Not yet. Thanks for the tip!