tivomobile-acs not in DNS

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by tomhorsley, Jan 21, 2019.

1. tomhorsley

tomhorsley Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2010
    Just thought I'd try the tivo app again to see if I still get certificate expired errors, but I don't get that far any more. Now I get this:

Webpage not available
    The webpage at http://tivomobile-acs/sso could not be loaded because:
    net::ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED

And if I try to look up that name, by golly it doesn't exist. Not in my normal DNS server, not in google's DNS server, nowhere.

2. ManOfSteele

ManOfSteele Member

Jul 23, 2003
    San Jose, CA
    I'm getting the same error. Anyone have a solution for this? It is happening both on my Android phone as well as on my Android tablet.

3. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    I get it on my PC with IE11.

4. HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    Not seeing this here on my Android tablet.

Scott

5. JohnS-MI

JohnS-MI Active Member

Jan 25, 2014
    SE MI
    Yes, after a few laps around the sign in/reload loop, I get this for a final disappointment. The Android app has been completely useless for several days now..

6. HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    Odd, I just installed it on my new Android phone and no problems there either as well as with my Android tablet(Comcast Internet here).

Scott

7. JohnS-MI

JohnS-MI Active Member

Jan 25, 2014
    SE MI
    I contacted customer "support." It may not be broken for everyone, but they acknowledge there is an issue and they have lots of reports. They claim to have a team working on it and to advise me when it is fixed. We'll see. I can control my box through Tivo Online, but I prefer doing it through a tablet. (I have a basic Roamio so controlling the box is all I can do.)

8. Rob Sheer

Rob Sheer New Member

Jun 28, 2019
    I've been having this same exact problem for approximately the last two weeks. It's frustrating since I use the app with the Stream every night since 2014. Never had a problem before. Been a TiVo customer since 1999. Very disappointed. How can http://tivomobile-acs/sso even be resolved. It's not a standard URL. It's missing the domain.

If you encounter this problem please report it to Tivo so they can keep track of how many people are affected and maybe they'll resolve it sooner.