tivoidp.tivo.com ?

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by sar840t2, Jun 21, 2018.

1. sar840t2

sar840t2 Member

Mar 1, 2003
    Edmonds,...
    Apologies if this has been discussed, I've not been keeping up with all the new posts lately, but I *did* search for "tivoidp" and got no hits.

TL;DR: Did TiVo revamp their login system and forget to tell me I need to set up a new account?

I usually use the Android app to manage my TiVos (so maybe this changed a while ago), but today I went to http://online.tivo.com/start to check something and it forwarded me to Login Template Title

That prompted for a username & password, and I gave it my usual email & password. It says "The email or password you entered is incorrect".

I then tried the "My Account" link on https://www.tivo.com/ and it takes me to the same login page (tivoidp.tivo.com)

Thinking maybe both Chrome and my password wallet had the wrong password (unlikely), I hit the "forgot password" link. I entered my email address which it accepted, and was then given a link "back" to the "reseller page" (I'm not a reseller BTW). As of 10 minutes after entering my email address I had not received a new password in my email as promised (yeah, I checked my spam folder).

Luckily I have a list of my TSNs and my MAK outside of tivo.com.

Did TiVo revamp their login system and forget to tell me I need to set up a new account?

Thanks.

2. jrtroo

jrtroo Chill- its just TV

Feb 4, 2008
    Chicagoland
    This was done a few months ago- you need to login as if you lost your password. Better done through a browser, I believe. You do not need to set up a new account, seems like the password email may have hit a spam folder.

3. Mikeguy

Mikeguy Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2005
    Similar issue here, and clicking the "send password re-set email" resulted in nothing. Chatting TiVo customer service up at its website fixed matters--I was sent the re-set password email and then did so without issue.

Presumably, an issue or change on TiVo's end and a failure to communicate. (For heaven's sake, TiVo, just put a notice box up at the sign-in page . . . .)

4. sar840t2

sar840t2 Member

Mar 1, 2003
    Edmonds,...
    Thanks both. I definitely didn't get the email (even in spam), so I guess I will hit up the chat people.

5. sar840t2

sar840t2 Member

Mar 1, 2003
    Edmonds,...
    Done. Easy peasy.

Mikeguy likes this.
  6. UCLABB

UCLABB Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    Riverside, CA
    I got an email with a passcode long after asking for it. Not sure how long as I didn’t notice it until the next day. Kind of a pain as my old password was only six characters so I had to use a new one and then of course had to redo the iOS apps.

7. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    When I received my new password from TiVo, the first thing I did was change my password back to what it was.

rdrrepair, dlfl and jrtroo like this.
  8. UCLABB

UCLABB Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    Riverside, CA
    I would have too, but they want 8 characters now.

9. sar840t2

sar840t2 Member

Mar 1, 2003
    Edmonds,...
    I didn't get an extra temporary password email (i.e. I only got the one the chat guy generated), so that's good.

Thanks for the reminder I have to re-login to the Android app (2 phones, 2 tablets). That would have really stumped me 2 months down the road long after I'd forgotten all this :grinning: