TivoHD Wishlist not finding HD channels

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by eagle007, Feb 17, 2008.

1. eagle007

eagle007 New Member

Jan 20, 2004

Advertisements

Hi all - my TivoHD is not finding HD channels for my wishlist programs - can anyone help?

It finds the HD channels just fine for my season pass items - and automatically records when HD is available for my season passes. But when it comes Wishlist items, no luck. Even when i goto the wishlist and i look for the "upcoming episodes" it doesn't even list the HD items (when i check the guide, of course, the HD program is there).

Thanks in advance for help

2. rocko

rocko Cuckoo for TiVo

Oct 29, 2002
    Northeast...
    I noticed this behavior when a program airs on both a SD station and its HD counterpart. For example a wishlist search for Prison Break returns only the WNYW-5 showing, but if you look at the upcoming shows for that listing you'll see (in my case, anyway) WNYWDT-705 as well.

When the listing is strictly on a HD channel it seems to work as expected.

Edit: Note that I tested this on a Series 2 DT box. YMMV.

3. eagle007

eagle007 New Member

Jan 20, 2004
    I should modify my post. In playing with the TIVO some more, what i found is that when selecting a season pass you need to make sure to select the HD channel under the upcoming shows dialong (I think thats the one)

The problem with the wish list is that the upcoming shows dialog doesn't show any of the HD channels. so, for example, if a sporting even is on ESPN and ESPNHD, it only shows the game on ESPN and not for ESPNHD. What's weird is that if I do a season pass search (which i dont want), both channels show up

anyone else have any ideas?

4. [NG]Owner

[NG]Owner Member

Dec 19, 2006
    Kansas City
    Delete the SD channel from the channels I receive list.

[NG]Owner

5. eagle007

eagle007 New Member

Jan 20, 2004

Advertisements

Can't do that bc some of the items are only on SD and others are on both SD and HD (e.g., ESPN is on HD and SD, but ESPN classic is on SD only)

thoughts from anyone else?

6. Krandor

Krandor Active Member

Jun 9, 2004
    What I did was to take the channels that were on both HD and SD and unselect the SD version. Didn't mess with the other channels. So for example I turned off HBO SD (since there was an HD version as well), but kept HBO2 SD (since it was only in SD).

Took a little bit of time to write down all the HD channels and remove their SD counterparts, but the results have been fine.