TivoHD, S03, Duplicate Program Folders

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Wandering_Burr, Jun 1, 2011.

1. Wandering_Burr

Wandering_Burr New Member

Feb 27, 2003
    I have a Tivo HD on Time Warner cable using an MCard and an external Tuning Adapter. It remains connected to the internet 24/7 so should be on the latest software release.

I have had a recurring problem that I hope someone can help with. Each 4-6 months the Tivo stops loading data with an S03 error. I have tried Kickstart 57 and 58 without improvement. I have pulled the hard drive and run manufacturer diagnostics without any problems reported. I am now on my third new drive and still get the issue-so I don't think it is drive related.

What I have found to fix it is to select the Clear Program data and ToDo list. But the fix is not whole. After selecting this option my Season Pass list is still populated-but all of the shows claim no upcoming episodes. So I have to manually remove all of the passes and recreate them. At this point recordings work again-but every one of the season passes treats new recordings as a new show. So if I have a folder of 'Sesame Street' episodes from before the S03 error after clearing passes, manually removing all shows from the Season Pass list, recreating my Season Pass list, I get a second folder called 'Sesame Street'.

As a parent trying to build a library of shows for my pre-schoolers this last one is a bear to live with. Lots of holiday episodes that only broadcast rarely, etc... I've opened a ticket with Tivo but am not optimistic. I'm open to third party software to align XML if need be but know nothing about that (yet).

Any help is appreciated.

2. ravingfans

ravingfans Member

Jan 11, 2009
    I'm posting this in all the S03 threads I found, since it is so frustrating:

Through a LOT of trail and error, I've discovered increasing the swap space to 2000 or 2GB allows TiVo to connect to the TiVo Servers and process the large program guide data update. I don't know if you can do this on an existing disk--seems doubtful to me. I used WinMFS on a new disk and have had no problems since. On the same disk I had the trouble with smaller swap partitions, especially the default.