TiVoHD Name blank but named on tivo.com

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by fishtank22, Aug 25, 2007.

1. fishtank22

fishtank22 New Member

Jan 4, 2004
    North Jersey
    my tivoHD is named on tivo.com (has been for like a week) but the name has been blank since I got I (I think)...

Any idea why? Thanks for the help.

2. sneagle

sneagle Addicted Member

Jun 11, 2002
    New York area
    No ideas, but I have the same issue except it has only been 48 hours. I recall seeing something about a bug and naming...

Note that I linked my Amazon account and I see the correct names on Amazon, so something is working. Just not the info on the actual Tivo.

3. jrm01

jrm01 New Member

Oct 17, 2003
    Pittsburgh
    It's a known error in tivo server software. Should not cause a problem.

4. bkdtv

bkdtv New Member

Jan 9, 2003
    DC Metro Area
    Tivo made a change to its servers and DVR names are no longer available on any HDTV Tivo. This does not affect functionality in any way; is just visual display glitch on the System Information Screen.

The purpose of the name is to differentiate DVRs in your home for the purposes of remote scheduling, MRV, and TivoToGo. Remote scheduling still works fine and neither MRV nor TivoToGo is supported with the current software.

5. slimm

slimm Member

Sep 19, 2003
    Cincinnati, OH
    Was this a done by Tivo on purpose? or an after effect of something else they were doing.

6. fishtank22

fishtank22 New Member

Jan 4, 2004
    North Jersey
    Cool. Good to know. thanks all! Hopefully Tivo gets TTG to work with S3 soon. I'm def missing that feature a lot.

Fish
    ><>

7. dswallow

dswallow Save the ModeratŠ¾r TCF Club

Dec 3, 2000
    Long...
    It does affect those who have HME apps... like me... that utilize the name in order to match it up with external sources... like Amazon Unbox.