TiVoHD Messed up my TiVo-Fu

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by Mandlf, Oct 16, 2007.

1. Mandlf

Mandlf New Member

Sep 5, 2007
    With my S2 TiVo,I wielded the remote with the skill of an Olympian. Fast forwarding through commercials and stopping on a dime as the show resumed. It was a thing of beauty. For some reason my new TiVoHD works must faster and is much less forgiving. I've taken to using the weak-minded 2x speed just to give myself a chance....

2. Joybob

Joybob New Member

Oct 2, 2007
    3x is way too complicated. You have to go really far into the program for it to snap back to the beggining of the program so you end up watching a lot of stuff that ruins the surprise.

3. Mandlf

Mandlf New Member

Sep 5, 2007
    Ah! See, I didn't know the term "Auto-correct" so my searching didn't return your thread. Glad to see I'm not imagining it, anyhow.

4. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    a bunch(*) of 30sec skips plus a few 8sec backs if necessary == bliss

(*) start with 6.. if the commercials are still on, wham on it a few more times, but slightly slower.

5. hastypete

hastypete New Member

Oct 2, 2007
    No doubt, this is the fastest commercial skip. 6 skips.
    You can even figure out more or less depending on the show with experience.

6. dolfer

dolfer Miles Standish Proud

Nov 3, 2000
    Milford,...
    The *original* Series1 had PERFECT fast forward/rewind auto correction. Then some *genius* thought it would be a good idea to change it. In my opinion, it was one of the biggest boneheaded moves in the history of Tivo updates.

Ever since that wretched update, autocorrection has *never* felt right. I have a Series2 and now a Tivo HD.

I have no idea why we can't have an option to set a customized level of auto correct! Obviously Grandpa Smiley is going to have slower reflexes than little Billy! Especially when little Billy's reflexes are enhanced from playing hours of video games!

Customizable auto correct! When do we want it? Now!