TivoHD cannot reach Tivo Servers (Guided Setup)

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by nigebj, Feb 28, 2021.

1. nigebj

nigebj Member

Sep 8, 2004

Advertisements

My TivoHD has sat unused for close to 4 years - now cutting the cord, I tried to bring it up to check local antenna quality/reliability.

I got the program information updated, everything was working except the tuned channels. Somehow it had triple and quadrupled the tuned channels - as it seemed confused I did a complete reset - mistake!

In guided setup it generates an N13 error. The device is setting an IP address on my LAN, and I even placed it in a DMZ so no ports are blocked in either direction. Nothing - cannot past this step.

I've tried many of the suggestions I found online, but am wondering whether the new owners I am now reading about have simply killed all the old S3's from being able to go through guided setup.

Any thoughts appreciated - otherwise I guess I'll toss this and head back away from Tivo as the new hardware seems to have no strategy for DVR.

2. nigebj

nigebj Member

Sep 8, 2004
    Still stuck in this mess. I have used a new image (V11 software). TivoHD comes up, goes straight into GS.
    It has an IP address. It is in my DMZ, so no ports or protocols blocked. And yet, Error N13.
    Ready to give up at this point - have a HDHomeRun on the way to try with my Plex configuration.
    BUT, I'd really like to solve this.
    Does anyone know what DNS lookups Tivos try to do? What IP addresses they are trying for updates?
    I'd like to test routes from a PC placed in the same part of my network.
    I was going to wireshark it, but that's quite a pain for various reason and I am losing interest at this point
    (especially as Tivo is not providing a 4K/ATSC DVR path that integrates with the rest of my media AFAICT).