TivoHD Background image disappeard

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by fishtank22, Aug 19, 2007.

1. fishtank22

fishtank22 New Member

Jan 4, 2004
    North Jersey
    Weird thing. I just got my tivoHD and was downloading my schedule info and the screen went blank. I thought it was weird. I hit the back button and the CONNECTING screen appeared with 88% and climbing. But the background image behind the menus was gone. I backed out of the menu to some other menus and have the same problem. the menus are there but the background is BLACK.

Also on a side note. Fios is coming tomorrow to "install" (ha) my cableCards. Should I at least be able to see my SD channels? I'm not getting any channels. No signal at all?

As I was typing this, my screen went black again. I hit the BACK button and I still see CONNECTING with the black background.

Thanks

Fish

2. bkdtv

bkdtv New Member

Jan 9, 2003
    DC Metro Area
    On FiOS, you will only get analog channels 1-49 until the CableCards are installed. All other channels are encrypted digital. Once the CableCards are installed, the analog channels 1-49 will also be replaced with digital versions.

3. fishtank22

fishtank22 New Member

Jan 4, 2004
    North Jersey
    Cool, good to know. Weird thing though...

I'm finding that I can view 1-49 but ONLY when I connect via S-Video. When I connect via HDMI it doesn't show up.

Also, I was messing around in the PHOTOS, VIDEOS networking section and went to YAHOO! Photos. When it tried to goto the page, my HDMI signal was lost. Any idea what's going on here? is this normal?

Thanks

FISH
    ><>

4. bkdtv

bkdtv New Member

Jan 9, 2003
    DC Metro Area
    Do you have the box set to native output under Settings -> Video?

When native mode is set, the box outputs SD channels at 480i. It is possible your display may not accept 480i over HDMI. Try setting it to 720p fixed, 1080i fixed, or hybrid.

It takes 36-48 hours for some home media and Tivocast featrures to work, in my experience. Presumably those functions are dependent upon some of the initial downloads. Even after all the guide data is downloaded, it takes 36-48 hours for the Tivo to index that data; until that indexing is done, the Tivo will seem slower than normal.

5. fishtank22

fishtank22 New Member

Jan 4, 2004
    North Jersey
    cool. will try that now. thanks

6. fishtank22

fishtank22 New Member

Jan 4, 2004
    North Jersey
    Yeah, I was being over anxious and had set it to Native. I went back and set it to Hybrid and it seems to be working. Is that the best option for my 1080p Samsung LCD 4065F

Thanks.

7. rainwater

rainwater Active Member

Sep 21, 2004
    Also, make sure you force several connections (at least 3 counting the one during guided setup). The 3rd one will download the latest software which you will want before you install CableCards (make sure you reboot to install it).

8. fishtank22

fishtank22 New Member

Jan 4, 2004
    North Jersey
    Yup. did that earlier. i'm up to 2b right now which I believe is the latest...

Thanks for the tip.