Tivocast stopped downloading

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by haqattaq, Jul 22, 2007.

1. haqattaq

haqattaq New Member

Jul 22, 2007

Advertisements

Issue regarding Tivocast with Series 2 Tivo;

I have 4 Tivocast episodes set up with a Season pass to download. Roughly a month or so ago and the episodes were downloading as intended. However, the only tivocast that has shown since is the Cnet show. DL.tv and Crankygeeks hasn't appeared in my Now Playing for quite awhile now.
    I know I have plenty of room available for new shows since I delete my shows frequently. I have restarted my Tivo box but the casts still haven't appeared. My recording history doesn't indicate any issues or explanations about why those tivocasts didn't download. I do have Tivo suggestions turned on and have transfers enabled. I've tested the Tivo network connection and that connects/disconnects just fine.

Do Tivo suggestions take precedence over TivoCast season passes? Is there any other menu/log file other than Recording History to check to see why they haven't downloaded?

Thanks for any suggestions.

2. thehepcat

thehepcat Member

Jan 9, 2002
    I just realized tonight that I haven't seen one show up in a week, so I went in to check figuring it was a space issue and they were just deleted without me noticing, and I don't have TiVoCast in my menus at all. What's uP????

3. litkaj

litkaj Member

Jun 5, 2007
    Exton, PA
    I think the menu option was renamed with the rollout of UnBox because I had some issues finding it the other day as well...

On the other hand, if you're a few menu options short then it's probably because your network cable is unplugged or your wireless isn't working.

4. thehepcat

thehepcat Member

Jan 9, 2002
    What did is it called now?

Just doublechecked and the network cable is fine. I successfully downloaded this morning.

5. steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX

Advertisements

I think the new title is "Download TV and Movies" under Find Programs heading.

6. thehepcat

thehepcat Member

Jan 9, 2002
    thanks Steve614. :D

That leads into the next question though, CNET, CrankyGeeks and DL.TV all show the next episode as 7/20. Any way to force the downloads??

7. steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    Wait until the "current" episode becomes a "past" episode. I had to do that this morning with a C.net episode.
    I think you can only "force download" past episodes.

8. haqattaq

haqattaq New Member

Jul 22, 2007
    I've found with Tivo suggestions enabled that any new Tivocasts won't download if your box is full of suggested shows. I also noticed that mine won't download unless I manually delete any recordings in my 'Deleted Recordings' folder. So it appears that the Tivocast isn't purging the suggested shows or deleted shows to make room for any new Season Pass Tivocasts that I've set up.

Anyone else witness this?

9. jrm01

jrm01 New Member

Oct 17, 2003
    Pittsburgh
    Not at all. My RD and Suggestions folders are always full and I get the downloads without problem on my S2.

10. thehepcat

thehepcat Member

Jan 9, 2002
    thanks. that seemed to do the trick.