TiVo2Go password

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by NItestrike, Dec 13, 2005.

1. NItestrike

NItestrike New Member

May 26, 2005

Advertisements

I have a computer with the TiVo Desktop Client installed on it, I have upgraded it from the 1.x to 2.0 to 2.x... on the computer the Desktop software the files play fine, but when I try to play them on my laptop so that my daughter can watch shows on trips it keeps asking for a password. I don't remember the password so that I may play them. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. :confused:

2. NItestrike

NItestrike New Member

May 26, 2005
    OK maybe e I'm a little aloof here but I have searched these forums and others, and I am not able to get a "straight" answer as to what I can do about this. All I want to do is just get the password from when I installed the 2.0 client software. Any help in being pointed in the correct direction would be great. But then again maybe I'm wrong on my whole line of think and would just like to know that, if it is the case.

Thanks,
    Nitestrike

3. Turtleboy

Turtleboy Well-Known Member TCF Club

Mar 24, 2001
    Ft. Lauderdale
    The password is whatever you told it.

You chose the password, so no one can answer that quesiton.

4. Turtleboy

Turtleboy Well-Known Member TCF Club

Mar 24, 2001
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Oh, and you have to install the tivo desktop software on your laptop. Did you do that?

5. pdhenry

pdhenry Ruthless

Feb 27, 2005
    PA

Advertisements

I think the fact that the OP is being asked for a password means that TiVo Desktop is installed. My understanding is that without the right DLLs you get a cryptic codec error instead of the password prompt.

6. NItestrike

NItestrike New Member

May 26, 2005
    I re-installed the desktop software, on the laptop, was at 2.1, installed the new 2.2. I do not get prompted for a password any more, but the video is jerky and flickers, and the sounds follows suite as before as if I had pressed the cancel button for the password prompt. So now I'm quite confused as to what the issue maybe, I thought that the issues with playing the file were because it needed to have the password to allow the DRM to work.

7. wpatters1229

wpatters1229 web Guy

Nov 11, 2003
    California
    I was told that accessing the tivo dvr by using https://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/nowplaying/index.html (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is the local network ip address) is faster than using the tivo desktop. It asks me for my tivo dvr login id and password. Where can I find that information or better yet how can I change the login id and password?