Tivo XL 4 Cisco CableCard - Can't order HD PPV on Xfinity

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by mizzlejuice, Aug 16, 2017.

1. mizzlejuice

mizzlejuice New Member

Aug 16, 2017

Advertisements

Hello,

I have a TiVO Premiere XL4 with a Cisco CableCard. I'm trying to order the Mayweather/Mcgregor fight in HD from Xfinity. The representatives are saying that my "Cisco Box" is incompatible and that I need an X1 box to watch the HD fight. It wont let them order the HD option, but they said it will let them order the SD option.

When I try to order on Xfinity.com it directs me to customer support rather than letting me order, so I am unable to order it myself. I am able to browse and watch free HD Xfinity On-Demand content directly from the Tivo. I see a folder in the Xfinity On-Demand section of my Tivo for the fight, but there is only free preview content (it all works, even the HD ones), but there is no option to order or pay for the fight.

Is the problem my Tivo? or is it the CableCard? Has anyone had a similar problem?

Thanks!

2. powrcow

powrcow Active Member

Sep 27, 2010
    Try calling the Xfinity cable card support number at 1-877-405-2298 and ask them.

3. kpeters59

kpeters59 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    If you're planning on watching it 'Live', maybe just go get a box from Comcast for the weekend?

-KP

4. mizzlejuice

mizzlejuice New Member

Aug 16, 2017
    Yep, ended up grabbing an X1 box from an Xfinity store and was able to order without a problem. Good opportunity to test drive the X1 DVR vs my Premiere XL4.

MMG likes this.
  5. kpeters59

kpeters59 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2007
    Houston, Texas

Advertisements

Let us know who 'wins' the 'bout'!

MMG likes this.