Tivo would not honor their email offer

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by IGWTAOPC, Nov 13, 2014.

1. IGWTAOPC

IGWTAOPC New Member

Jan 1, 2007

Advertisements

I received Tivo's "Holiday Sale" email today and it offered the basic Roamio for 449.98 which I thought was about as good as I could hope to see. I followed the link to the website where it instead was 149.99 plus 399.99 (MSD) or 549.98. So I called and they would not honor the email. Overall a pretty poor performance on Tivo's part.

I imagine I won't be the only one getting this "typo" email.

2. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    Hmmm... I got the same email. The prices for the other two are right, so only the Basic is off.

Even at $550 it's probably the best deal you're going to find right now.

3. Rodwalls

Rodwalls New Member

Jan 11, 2009
    King, North...
    I too received this email and called to get this offer. Tivo acted like they didn't know what I was talking about, they even had me fax the email to them. After my 2nd call I was told there systems were not set up to process it yet and to call back tomorrow. The guy told me they would honor it tomorrow or Saturday. Still debating calling them back..
    update:

I decided to call Tivo back today and to my surprise, they honored the email offer and sold me a Basic Roamio with lifetime for the 449.98. Cheapest price I have seen. Great job..

4. unitron

unitron Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    They should honor it, but if their computers won't let them I don't see how they can.

5. meoge

meoge New Member

Oct 8, 2008

Advertisements

I just looked on Ebay and don't see any codes available. Have all those deals dried up?

Edit: Nevermind, I just wasn't using the correct search terms.

6. moedaman

moedaman Member

Aug 21, 2012
    I got the same e-mail. I debated on calling them because the link did show the higher pricing. But in the end, I figured that Tivo wouldn't honor the e-mail. And it looks like I was right.

7. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    If there was an error, why would they honor it? I can't count the number of times Amazon or BestBuy or some other retailer has had an error and they didn't honor it either.

8. moedaman

moedaman Member

Aug 21, 2012
    I understand that, but they should send out another e-mail with correct pricing stating that the last e-mail was wrong. It can't be that hard to do. Best Buy and other b&m stores will print the correction and post it next to the circular at the stores entrance for everyone to see when they have an error.

9. gree0276

gree0276 New Member

Aug 17, 2006
    Completely agree. Not to mention the customer service folks saying the price will be updated in the next couple days... Tivo should just come out and acknowledge the error and move on.

10. cannonz

cannonz Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    In post #3 Rodwalls stated it was honored.

11. weaver

weaver Member TCF Club

Feb 27, 2004
    New...
    I received the email two days ago, and called this evening. I had no problem placing an order for the basic at the advertised price.

12. MrDell

MrDell Active Member

Jul 8, 2012
    Rhode Island
    Just did the same..... Deal too good to pass up!!

13. IGWTAOPC

IGWTAOPC New Member

Jan 1, 2007
    OP here.

After seeing the good news posted by others I just called again and a shiny new Roamio will soon be on it's way to me too. Way to go Tivo!

I was just looking for a way to edit the title of this thread and I don't see it. If someone could provide a pointer I think changing the title of the thread is clearly in order.

14. MrDell

MrDell Active Member

Jul 8, 2012
    Rhode Island
    Good For You!!!!!!!!

15. WillyBilly

WillyBilly New Member

Feb 7, 2012
    New England
    Jump over to TIVO ROAMIO DVRs and click "Roamio Deals?" Tivo has a promotion going on till the end of November for Tivo users who have been with them for ten years or longer. Roamio DVR with Lifetime: Basic $400 Plus $500 Pro $700. It's kept kind of quite so you have to push a little for it. Hope this saves a few people some bucks.

16. sushikitten

sushikitten LivingLippy.com

Jan 27, 2005
    Chicago-ish...
    Wow. That might be worth it. Going on 13 years here.

17. nooneuknow

nooneuknow Several LT/All-In Roamios & Minis for sale

Feb 5, 2011
    Whitewater, WI
    I just got a new email, with the base price changed from $449.99 to 549.00, while the "Save 150" part did not change, nor the other pricing.

Slightly different email title, only change is +$100 on the base price...

I guess this is as close to a "correction" as it gets, and the window of opportunity just slammed shut...

Knowing they did this makes me feel more relieved that I didn't buy a TiVo I don't really need, just because the price was calculated wrong. Must resist impulse buys all the way to "Black February"...

18. socrplyr

socrplyr Active Member

Jul 19, 2006
    They always compute discounts off of full price. 199.99+499.99-150.00=549.98

19. nooneuknow

nooneuknow Several LT/All-In Roamios & Minis for sale

Feb 5, 2011
    Whitewater, WI
    I know that. They made an error in the first email, where that computation was actually -$200.00 versus -$100.00 in the second email. I was simply being thorough, for those who may not have received both emails, for whatever reason (does happen).