Tivo wont send rebate!

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by rappyfz, Apr 15, 2007.

1. rappyfz

rappyfz New Member

Apr 15, 2007

Advertisements

I mailed my $150.00 rebate with a copy of receipt, rebate form, and UPC back in December. I called in February and the rebate center said they never recieved it. I sent everything to them again and they said they would send it out immediately. I am still waiting. Is there an online form I can check to see if they actually sent it or anything? I will call them one more time and if it does not arrive I guess I will stop my auto withdrawl, call the Better Business Bureau, and file an official complaint. It's pretty much all I know to do. It's not that it's a huge amount of money but it's my money, not TIVO's and what they are doing is illegal.

Any suggestions?

Thank you.

2. shpope

shpope New Member

Feb 10, 2005
  3. rappyfz

rappyfz New Member

Apr 15, 2007
    I just tracked my tivo rebate and it said service activation was required! I activated the second I got it home from the store! I'm very dissatisfied with tivo at this point. How do you reach them on the phone, the phone number requires an extension number that is not listed on the site. What a joke.

4. pdhenry

pdhenry Oh, my aching back

Feb 27, 2005
    PA
    Just to make sure - this is your first TiVo -- you didn't cancel service on an older TiVo when you got this one?

5. wolflord11

wolflord11 Lord of Darkness

Jan 16, 2007
    Madisonville...

Advertisements

With rebates of any kind:

Send all the rebate materials in via Registered Mail. That way you know they received them. Then they cannot turn around and say they never did.

Why not call Tivo and talk to them about it. i have found their CSR's to be great.

6. hc130radio

hc130radio Active Member

Sep 16, 2004
    Rockwall TX
    make copies of everything, and sending certified is a must! It's a small price to pay to have some ammo in your pocket if these things happen...

7. ZeoTiVo

ZeoTiVo I can't explain

Jan 2, 2004
    rappyfz has gotten to the point where the rebate has been received but they denied it since they see that Service is not activated. Certified mail is a good suggestion but this problem is past that stage.

rappfz can you post in some details so we can see why they might be saying that. To be sure this is another typical error in the rebate process but we can help you with better answers with more detail about the purchase you made

8. bilbo

bilbo New Member

Dec 7, 2004
    I understand why people send rebates in via Certified Mail, but at $2.40 per rebate for Certified Mail, on a $150 rebate (which is bigger than most rebates i send in), you would need a problem more than 1.6% of the time to make it worthwhile. I just save the money on the Certified Mail and when/if I run into problems I figure I have sort of self-insured my rebates by not paying for Certified Mail.

9. pdhenry

pdhenry Oh, my aching back

Feb 27, 2005
    PA
    If you activate a new TiVo within a certion period (I don't know what length of time it is) of cancelling another TiVo, isn't that a service transfer and not a service activation?

10. Atomike

Atomike New Member

Jun 12, 2005
    This is a good idea - and is necessary because of the way that Tivo is run. Tivo continues to use the same rebate service that many people believe to be criminal - or at least sloppy. Tivo chooses to do this. It's their choice, and one cannot blame the rebate service more or less than Tivo corporation itself. Some will say this rebate service is one of the better services available to Tivo - to which I say hogwash. Tivo has a moral responsibility to every single rebate submitter - without exception.
    Ultimately this comes down on the CEO of Tivo, and no one else. Him alone. Call his house. Or visit it. Hang out for awhile. When he is as upset as you, only then will things change.
    EDIT: please don't do anything illegal, however.