Tivo won't record a show...

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by houman, Dec 11, 2019.

1. houman

houman Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Redmond, WA
    I submitted a ticket to Tivo just in case.

I noticed this morning the ESPN show first take didn't record and it has disappeared from the to-do list. Things I tried and still nothing

1- rebooted the box
    2- deleted the one pass, and recreated it
    3- moved the one pass to #1

The show does list in upcoming shows, and no matter which option I select in One Pass manager (channels, all shows, etc.) it won't come up. Makes me think there might be some issue with the show metadata ?

2. kpeters59

kpeters59 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    What does History say about it?

-KP

3. houman

houman Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Redmond, WA
    Do you mean recording activity ? Or is this History, somewhere in the settings ?

Nothing like conflicts or such in recording activity. And nothing in Todo list...

Also if I go to all onepass shows, this show is greyed out as there is no upcoming shows. When I go to upcoming shows for it, there are none marked "New", but all are new when I read their descriptions, but none with double checkmarks to be recorded, I can choose to record them manually though....

There is another ESPN show that is shown exactly that way with no "new" after the show, but those are being recorded currently daily.

I did remove the show and added it again in one pass, and nothing, I even tried to force a network update and that didn't do anything.

4. UCLABB

UCLABB Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    Riverside, CA
    The new tag means nothing. TiVo should record shows that has a first air date on that day in the description.

edit: I see that it does show the air date as 12/11. TiVo must have screwed up something in the coding. Not much you can do. I doubt reporting it to TiVo will get you anywhere.

5. houman

houman Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Redmond, WA
    Yeah you were right, they just closed the ticket and asked me to look in recording activity.