Tivo Won't Boot Up!! Stuck In Loop!!

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by zig123, Oct 31, 2011.

1. zig123

zig123 New Member

May 2, 2004
    The Premiere stopped in a football game. Was recorded to skip commercials. It started to reboot then got to "almost there..." then went back to " Tivo starting up...". This just keep going on. Would never finish, No Tivo dance or music. Just stuck in a loop.
    Called Tivo and they are sending a new one.
    Anyone else have this happen??

Zig

2. L David Matheny

L David Matheny Active Member

Jan 29, 2011
    SE Ohio
    Have you searched this forum? Do you have a slide remote? Did you unplug its Bluetooth dongle? Did TiVo ask you any questions like that?

3. zig123

zig123 New Member

May 2, 2004
    It's hard wired to my router through a switch in the enterment center. Don't have a slide remote. He had me unplug everything-even the M card and put the electric plug direct in the wall. Still no luck. I searched and got tons of "boot" and "loop" etc. way to many to go through and not about my situation anyway.
    I think it's a corrupt boot sector on the Linux drive. Taking out the drive and hooking it up to a Linux box to diagnose it was too much hassle. They can send me the new one.

Zig

4. jenz

jenz New Member

Sep 19, 2009
    Same thing happened to me, 10 minutes of troubleshooting w/TiVo and replacement was on the way. No idea what went wrong but didn't really care to find out.

5. pwgold

pwgold New Member

Dec 8, 2009
    Yep. Same thing happened to a "remanufactured" Tivo while doing guided setup. Without having me doing any other checks, they sent another on its way. Hmmmm.