Tivo with sky plus

Discussion in 'TiVo Series 1 - UK' started by nicrae, Oct 10, 2007.

1. nicrae

nicrae New Member

Nov 26, 2006
    My present sky digibox is playing up...freezing about once a week meaning that TIVO can't tape.....very annoying when you're taping a series!!
    I'm wondering is it possible to get a skyplus box and still use TIVO with it?

2. Cainam

Cainam Tivo Evangelist

May 25, 2004
    Chester-le-S...
    Yep, should work fine. From reading this forum quite a few people seem to do this. I think you need to change the code that Tivo uses to change channels from 20016 to something else, but I cannot remember what!

3. OzSat

OzSat Very Nice Moderator

Feb 15, 2001
    Oxfordshire, UK
    Only thing to remember is that TiVo can not record what it wants to if you are watching a Sky+ recording.

4. nicrae

nicrae New Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Thankyou :)

5. jonv

jonv New Member

Apr 28, 2002
    Thinking of moving from cable to a Sky+ setup soon.

Is it possible for TiVo to record from Sky+ whilst another channel is being watched?

6. aerialplug

aerialplug Serious TiVo User

Oct 20, 2000
    Swansea
    Only if you're watching the recording on TiVo. I ran a TiVo/Sky+setup for 6 months and found that the Sky+ functionality was rarely used - only to catch conflicts and could only be watched when TiVo didn't require the tuner.

7. alan_semple

alan_semple New Member

Dec 10, 2005
    If you are on an active contract and you have premium channels (Sports or Movies) you will need to get the card paired with the replacement box.

I mention this because I tried to use a Sky card (cancelled contract) with a Setanta Sub on it and it would not display Racing UK on a box paired with a "Freesat fom Sky" card.

Alan

8. OzSat

OzSat Very Nice Moderator

Feb 15, 2001
    Oxfordshire, UK
    If you have other non-Sky channels (Setanta) then these have to be paired by calling Setanta - as well as calling Sky for the Sky channels.

9. iankb

iankb New Member

Oct 9, 2000
    Reading, UK
    The Sky+ box has two tuners, but only one output.

10. Milhouse

Milhouse New Member

Sep 15, 2001
    South...