Tivo with new HDTV

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by andersonsrus, Sep 27, 2007.

1. andersonsrus

andersonsrus New Member

Jun 27, 2005
    we just broke down and bought an HD Plasma
    we have a Series 1 Tivo are better off keeping that, getting a HD Tivo or HD3 TIvo,
    or goinf the Comast DRV route

2. ZikZak

ZikZak Neurostim Addict

Aug 12, 2002
    Arecibo, PR
    How can we possibly answer that question if we don't know what your priorities are?

If you like Tivo, then an HDTivo or Series3 will allow you to get the full benefit of your HDTV set with the cool Tivo functionality.

3. mick66

mick66 Dirty Burger

Oct 15, 2004
    The 'verse
    We'll assume you meant the TiVoHD or the Series3 (S3) Tivo.

4. andersonsrus

andersonsrus New Member

Jun 27, 2005
    Of the 2 which would you chose. We were told that the HD Tivios there is nothing
    but trouble. I am just holdingout for a transfer deal since I have a lifetimeon both my series 1 and2 or we can just go witht he DVR through Cmacast. Decisions ???
    Input

5. ZikZak

ZikZak Neurostim Addict

Aug 12, 2002
    Arecibo, PR
    I personally own a Series 3 and a Humax Series 2 DVD burner. You can keep the boxes with lifetime; there are periodic opportunities to transfer lifetime accounts, or you can sell them on ebay where the lifetime subscription maintains all the equity you put into it. Or you can try the Comcast DVR. Non-tivo DVRs vary in quality, but none have true season-pass functionality.

6. rkleim

rkleim New Member

Nov 29, 2002
    I had a series 1 for 7 years, and just got a tivoHD. Although there are some teething pains, these will be fixed soon and overall I must say that it's the best thing I ever did. Get the tivoHD for the increased functionality, add drive space thru weaknees or external SATA when tivo supports it later this year.