Tivo with Comcast DVR

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by ccummins, Jan 18, 2006.

1. ccummins

ccummins New Member

Jan 18, 2006
    I just got a new HDTV, so had to get a new cable box that is compatible. I decided to go with the DVR version so that I could record the HD programs (I have cable). I would still like to use my TIVO to record the analog programs though. Can someone help me with how to set it up to do this? I realize that I won't be able to use TIVO as my main source for watching TV. All of these different cables make me crazy. Oh, and it also need to go through my VCR/DVD player.

2. kbmb

kbmb Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2004
    NH
    The best thing to do is to split the cable coming from the wall. One side goes to the HD DVR box, the other goes to the Tivo. Then you can set your Tivo to just use it's internal analog tuner (to get channels 1-99).....I believe you have to redo guided setup for this.

Then you would plug the HD DVR into one input on the TV, and the Tivo into another (hopefully you have a S-video input for the Tivo...that would be the best).

Your TV probably has enough inputs to allow your VCR/DVD player to be seperate from everything else and plugged directly into the TV.

-Kevin