Tivo wireless and Mac networking together?

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by MarcusV, Aug 20, 2011.

1. MarcusV

MarcusV New Member

Oct 17, 2007
    My MBP and Tivo are on the same network via the Tivo adapter, can I use that network to move content over to the tivo from my mbp w/o a hdmi cable or an apple tv type device?

When I search for the MBP on my tivo it doesn't appear...I think I've looked everywhere...any suggestions? Do I need to change some settings somewhere?

Thanks!

2. MarcusV

MarcusV New Member

Oct 17, 2007
    My Tivo is on the same internet fios broadband network (via the Tivo adapter) as my MBP is, but I can't get the 2 units to see each other as I want to perform content transfer from the MBP to the Tivo, any suggestions?

Thanks, sorry for any confusion.

3. TheWGP

TheWGP Hmmm...

Oct 26, 2007
    You need to look into Streambaby or PyTivo - since you mention Macs, I'd suggest PyTivoX, which bundles both into one app for Macs.

Some people have had their streaming broken in PyTivoX with OS X Lion 10.7, but apparently not all - and if you just want to transfer, that still works great without any reconfiguration.

Check out the pytivox thread here: http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?t=412802

4. MarcusV

MarcusV New Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Great program, exactly what I was looking for!

Free too!

:):):)