TiVo web?

Discussion in 'TiVo Underground' started by dart451, Jan 19, 2007.

1. dart451

dart451 New Member

Aug 27, 2005

Advertisements

Hi, I'm new to Tivo and read something about Tivo web. I tried to access it by typing the IP address for my TiVo in my browser. A Tivo website pops up saying "You’ve successfully connected your TiVo® box to your home network, enabling a number of exciting new Home Media features". It then has some highlighted areas like TivotoGo, Improved online schedualing, etc... Only problem is, there are no menus or links to click on except for the bottom of the page, www.tivo.com. I'm not sure what to do with this? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. Da Goon

Da Goon Registered Abuser

Oct 22, 2006
    TivoWeb is not included in a "stock" tivo. It needs to be installed separately. What model Tivo do you have??

3. Rocketslc

Rocketslc Active Member

Jan 4, 2004
    SLC, Utah...
    With your browser if you use https ://<tivo's ip> , then log in with the User Name tivo and for the Password use your mak you can access and download the shows saved on your Tivo. But that is all you can do, download

As mentioned to use Tivoweb you would need to hack the Tivo which can be anywhere from relatively easy to impossible depending on the model.

4. dart451

dart451 New Member

Aug 27, 2005
    I have a stock stand alone Tivo. It's a series 2, single tuner. We've had it for a couple years. Anyway, the Tivo service numer starts with 540...does this help?

5. Rocketslc

Rocketslc Active Member

Jan 4, 2004
    SLC, Utah...

Advertisements

Unless I am mistaken (which happens regularly) The 540 Series 2 Tivos can not be hacked without actually physically modifying (soldering in new parts) them. And I am not even sure if that takes us into an area we are not allowed to discuss here.

So no way to install Tivoweb.

6. dart451

dart451 New Member

Aug 27, 2005
    Ok, no problem there...I didn't even know what Tivo Web was anyway! Something I apparently don' t have. Funny though...I can type in my Tivo's ip address and it says I have networked with it. Heck, I knew that much!

7. Rocketslc

Rocketslc Active Member

Jan 4, 2004
    SLC, Utah...
    You did get me thinking. I don't know if I have ever seen it posted if it faster to transfer from Tivo to PC with TivoToGo or just using the web interface. I guess I will give it a try.