TiVo w/HD

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Kenella, Aug 13, 2007.

1. Kenella

Kenella New Member

Feb 25, 2004
    MN
    I am curious why my HD TiVo (not Series 3) says that I can use TiVoToGo in the instruction manual, but everything I am reading online says I cannot use it? and my desktop doesn't work with it? :mad:

2. windracer

windracer joined the 10k club

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    TiVoToGo has not been enabled for the Series 3 and TivoHD boxes yet ... sometime before the end of the year, hopefully.

3. Kenella

Kenella New Member

Feb 25, 2004
    MN
    Cool - thanks for the speedy reply! Do you know why my instruction manual would say it's available? It's part of the reason I decided to purchase :(

4. windracer

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    My guess is that they knew it was coming eventually and included it in the documentation (and on the box from what I've heard).

You can do video downloads, like TiVoCast and Amazon Unbox content, but that's it for now ...

5. HTH

HTH No Avatar Selected

Aug 28, 2000
    Lincoln, NE
    I wish it would do audio podcast downloads. I can't get myself to remember to check every day and remember to which ones I've already listened. I've resorted to using iTunes for that now.

6. classicsat

classicsat Astute User

Feb 18, 2004
    Ontario Canada.
    Even the Series 2 cannot do audio podcast downloads. The TiVo architecture, as of yet, cannot handle that.

7. windracer

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    Actually, Galleon has a Podcasting application (I've never tried it, though).