Tivo vs DVR

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by CaColtsFan, Jul 29, 2007.

1. CaColtsFan

CaColtsFan New Member

Feb 28, 2007
    I am sorry but I searched for the answer. I have a HR20 wth Tivo. I want to change my package and I am wondering if I have to pay for the DVR service through Directv in order to use the Tivo feature?
    Right now I have tth top package and it shows on my account the DVR service but this is new to me.
    I have had this package for like 7 years

Thanks for the help

2. litzdog911

litzdog911 TechKnow Guide

Oct 18, 2002
    Mill Creek,...
    Not sure what an "HR20 with Tivo" is. I'm guess you actually have and HR10-250 HD Tivo or and HR20 HD DVR. At any rate, yes, you typically pay one DVR Service Fee regardless of how many DVRs you have. For some package tiers that fee is waived. What is your specific Programming Package?

3. John T Smith

John T Smith New Member

Jun 17, 2004
    Vancouver WA
  4. wolflord11

wolflord11 Lord of Darkness

Jan 16, 2007
    Madisonville...
    With the Older Directv Packages: Total, Total Plus etc you had to add the DVR Service seperately at a cost of $5.99 a Month DVR Fee.

The New Packages already have the DVR Fee built into the Base Package Price. You do not ever see anything listed like DVR Fee.

If you have had the package for 7 years, you have an old Package, so you would have the Seperate DVR Fee.

Have you recently added a DVR unit? If so, then the DVR Fee would appear from that time onwards.

To the OP: If you have a DVR unit with Tivo then it would be the HR10-250 unit. The HR20 is Directv's in house DVR and does not have Tivo.

5. Billy Bob Boy

Billy Bob Boy What Me Worry???????

Jul 25, 2004
    Here
    AHEMMMM!!!!! A tivo is a dvr!!!!!!!!!!!!so it should be Tivo Vs Directvs POS :D

6. Billy Bob Boy

Jul 25, 2004
    Here
    It is Called the "Ridiculously expensive No human on earth could possibly watch that many movies package"

7. Dkerr24

Dkerr24 Lost in Big Bend

Oct 28, 2004
    Okla, USA
    No, it's called "ridiculously expensive no human on earth should be subjected to the upteenth showing of "Duece Bigalow: Male Gigolo". :)

8. wolflord11

Jan 16, 2007
    Madisonville...
    I personnaly prefer "Duece Bigalow: European Gigolo :D

9. Billy Bob Boy

Jul 25, 2004
    Here
    I hope you are not a gay man whore pimp :p ;) Living in a floating Crib :p ;)

10. wolflord11

Jan 16, 2007
    Madisonville...
    No I am a Happily Married Man, to a loving Wife :D

BUT: The Floating Crib does sound good.

11. CaColtsFan

CaColtsFan New Member

Feb 28, 2007
    sorry guys I have the HD Tivo I guess I got the number wrong :eek:

12. wolflord11

Jan 16, 2007
    Madisonville...
    You have the TivoHD???

If thats the case then why the h**l are you talking about Directv? Directv is a Sat company and the TivoHD is for Cable ......

So read the back of the unit and tell us what you have....

If its Directv then its probally the HR20. This does not have Tivo Service, nor the Tivo interface. its Directv's inhouse HD DVR.

13. CaColtsFan

CaColtsFan New Member

Feb 28, 2007
    I have an HR10-250

and it is an HD Tivo set for Directv.

It has the Tivo logo right on the front.

14. rlj5242

rlj5242 Active Member

Dec 20, 2000
    Southaven, MS
    If you go down to the next section of the forum, it is devoted entirely to the HR10-250 (aka HD DirecTivo or DirecTV DVR powered by Tivo). To answer your original question - Yes, if you want to use the DVR features you have to pay for them.

-Robert

15. CaColtsFan

CaColtsFan New Member

Feb 28, 2007
    Thank you so much