Tivo vs. Brighthouse

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by Dr_Diablo, Jan 25, 2010.

1. Dr_Diablo

Dr_Diablo Dr_Diablo

Nov 23, 2003
    Midwest

Advertisements

It was brought to my attention last week that Brighthouse will be adding new HD channels to their lineup...

The downside to this is that our Tivo's will not receive those new HD signals, thus forcing a Tivo user to use a HD Receiver provided by Time Warner/Brighthouse, an I'm quite sure there will be additional fees for said requirements...

It's bad enough to pay Time Warner a monthly fee for their cable cards, now the signals will be blocked from our Tivo...

I'm thinking this matter is fraudulant of nature, that a cable provider can, at will block their service for the sole purpose of forcing the customer to drop the service provided by TIVO and use their equipment...

Tivo has been notified of this, and is going to take action against Time Warner..

Just thought I'd voice my opinion...:thumbsdown:

2. f0gax

f0gax Member

Aug 8, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    Not that I don't believe you. But can you provide some more information with regards to "our Tivo's will not receive those new HD signals, thus forcing a Tivo user to use a HD Receiver provided by Time Warner/Brighthouse"?

If you're referring to Switched Digital Video (SDV), then it is possible to receive those channels with your Tivo. You'll just need a Tuning Adapter from BHN. Word is, you can get them for free for the first year if you ask.

If it's something else entirely, please let us know. I'm sure this community would love to know the details.

3. Dr_Diablo

Dr_Diablo Dr_Diablo

Nov 23, 2003
    Midwest
    Nothing etched in stone, ya think TW's gonna annouce this for all to read/hear?

Three sources from this company, the service rep I spoke with last thursday, when I returned my dead modem, and the two service techs that came to my house to install said dead modem.... They both got a kick outta the gal at the office for not giving me a replacement rather forcing me to do without until a "qualified" tech of brighthouse would/could hook up three cables to the rear of the modem... Sounds like a no brainer to me, but what the fork, I just drive/operate choo choo's 4 a living....:D

4. JPA2825

JPA2825 Member

May 15, 2000
    Ft. Thomas,...
    There's a thread in this forum on BH in the Carmel / Indy area about providing tuning adapters. Summary: difficult to find knowledgeable folks, but can work once you find them

5. Dr_Diablo

Dr_Diablo Dr_Diablo

Nov 23, 2003
    Midwest

Advertisements

Thanks 4 the heads up, but rather then suggest the obvious you could be been kind nuff to an a link within your post... TY 4 sharing

6. Dr_Diablo

Dr_Diablo Dr_Diablo

Nov 23, 2003
    Midwest
    Got my notification from BrightHouse today via mail, that starting on March 8th, 2010 I will no longer be able to view the HD channels I now receive, thusly, as was suggested by the Tivo Tech I spoke with, it's time to go back to what works, DirecTV...lol

7. orangeboy

orangeboy yes, I AM orangeboy!

Apr 19, 2004
    East Moline, IL
    I'd say BHN deserves to lose a customer for not providing a Tuning Adapter, or even information about the TA. What are you going to do with your TiVo?

8. Dr_Diablo

Dr_Diablo Dr_Diablo

Nov 23, 2003
    Midwest
    Sell it on Ebay I guess, or ?