Tivo VOX Remote for Bolt - No Activity Light plus can't Unpair

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by jtracy, Dec 24, 2018.

1. jtracy

jtracy New Member

Dec 20, 2002

Advertisements

I just got a new Tivo VOX Remote for the Bolt as an early Christmas gift. But I'm having some problems.

1) The Activity Light doesn't display above the Tivo home button. However, if I look in the crack (where the button is), under the cover, I can barely see the lights. It's like the cover doesn't have that see-through area that displays the light. I've searched and have not been able to find anyone with this problem. Black Tivo VOX Bolt Remote.

2) When I select to Unpair all remotes, the remote remains paired.

Any ideas? Other than the above two things, the remote works (including voice). But it's not feasible when I can't see the activity lights in order to carry out certain actions.

Any input you have would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    jtracy likes this.
  3. V7Goose

V7Goose OTA ONLY and Loving It!

May 28, 2005
    New Mexico...
    There is no special window for the light on modern TiVo remotes - it just comes through the translucent plastic. I have never heard of anyone having trouble seeing it. Maybe your lights are too bright in the room?

Unpaired remotes will continue to work in IR mode, and if you haven't changed the address of the remote or TiVo, it will work with all TiVos that are set to address 0. In IR move, the light on the remote is red. If it is paired in RF mode, the light will USUALLY be yellow.

jtracy likes this.
  4. jtracy

jtracy New Member

Dec 20, 2002
    That's the weird thing about this remote - it's like the plastic isn't at all translucent. It's solid. I've seen videos of this remote and you cannot see any part of the indication light whatsoever, on mine, unless looking through the tiny cut area around the main Tivo button. It's the weirdest thing. And I've been a TIVO owner since Series 1.

5. HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA

Advertisements

Picture? :)

Scott