Tivo VOX Mini with 5G wifi adapter wont see Main box Roamio Plus- Tivo Tech says there is an outage!

Discussion in 'TiVo Mini' started by theitguy, Apr 27, 2020.

Should i cut holes in my wall and run Cat 5 cable?

1. Yes-Keep everything hard wired!

50.0%
  2. No-Make Tivo fix it (which may never happen!)

50.0%
  1. theitguy

theitguy New Member

May 11, 2016
    Like the title says:
    I have a Tivo VOX Mini with 5G wifi adapter wont see Main box Roamio Plus- Tivo Tech says there is an outage! Estimitated 5-12 days for them to resolve?!?!!?

Yes i am on hydra- i actually like the interface, dont flame me!

Funny thing is that the tech said that the outage was affecting moca and ethernet as well, i told him it works fine over ethernet.

This happened when i first bought the device back in march with the sale , took 6 days for it to register, then worked for 3 weeks. No it wont on wifi and the bedroom has no ethernet running to it.

I noticed things stopped working 2 weeks ago when i had to swap out my netgear nighthawk router (dd-wrt) Router kept getting fubared so i reflashed back to Netgear firmware (V1.0.9.64_10.2.64).

I only have 1 other vox mini on the network but it is on the lan, so never had an issue. I may be cutting a hole in my wall up to my attic where i have an extra cat 5e run back to my router! Just really didnt want to do that right now (plus i paid for the wifi adapter), but happy wife happy life! she likes to fall asleep in bed watching Tiger king! :)

2. Unbeliever

Unbeliever Random Nobody

Feb 3, 2001
    Nowhere Special
    Get a WiFi media bridge. (Ethernet-to-Wifi).

--Carlos V.

Teavo likes this.