Tivo VIP Calling Wait Times?

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by coldfusionak, Dec 4, 2006.

1. Dec 4, 2006 #1 of 33
    coldfusionak

coldfusionak New Member

Oct 23, 2006
    Anchorage

Advertisements

How long have people been waiting on Hold for the Transfer of the Lifetime Sub.

I spent 2 hours yesterday not getting anyone and today I have spent over 80 minutes waiting.

So their original notice about 35 minutes is grossly incorrect.

To be fair, I have called 4 times, 3 times to TIVO VIP, with 2 hours, 3.5 hours and 15 minutes a piece.

I am now trying the regular Tivo # (support etc for Activation) to see if that is any different, 20 minutes so far.

Update My total on hold time is 7.5 Hours with no answer in any of that or actually speaking to a CSR. I am trying again this morning when they opened up to have their Live technical support answer my call. I am not hopeful that I will get a live person any time soon.

Update I am trying to call the Direct Customer support line to get someone live to talk to, I am sure once I talk to someone live my issue will be taken care of quickly and efficiently. Just getting someone on the phone is frustrating.

They called me this morning, took 5-10 minutes to get my info to them and add them into my accounts. I am glad I was able to resolve it this way, but I am wondering about that .1% that have issues with calling in but don't know about the Tivo Community. I hope this helps Tivo figure out if there is an issue with their queueing system. Thanks for all the help. :)

2. Dec 4, 2006 #2 of 33
    TAsunder

TAsunder Debates Ghee vs Gi

Aug 6, 2003
    Madison, WI
    It was less than an hour but more than 30 min for me on friday evening.

3. Dec 4, 2006 #3 of 33
    coldfusionak

coldfusionak New Member

Oct 23, 2006
    Anchorage
    So far I am at 104 minutes on hold, I am really getting annoyed by this. I am curious why they don't take these requests via email, esp if it is under the same account.

erg

4. Dec 4, 2006 #4 of 33
    Rucker

Rucker Member

Sep 21, 2006
    I transferred mine a couple of weeks ago on a Thursday evening with a short-ish wait time. I didn't time it, but I believe the hold time was well under 30 minutes. I called around 8pm EST.

That periodic message about using the website to activate is annoying, isn't it? IIRC, there's an option on the website to transfer a subscription, but I assume it won't work for the vip offer.

5. Dec 4, 2006 #5 of 33
    Geist420

Geist420 New Member

Dec 4, 2006

Advertisements

The hold times are outrageous for a so-called VIP line. Same wait times as any other number.

6. Dec 4, 2006 #6 of 33
    astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Raconteur TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston/Bren...
    Either the wait time is the luck of the draw, or TiVo is selling the heck out of S3, and more callers, longer wait times.

I called & xfr my lifetime about 2 weeks ago. Waited maybe 5 mins. I had originally signed up for monthly service; they even refunded my $6.95. :up: Both the charge $199, and the refund, showed up at the same time on my credit card.

Good luck on the wait times! ;)

7. Dec 4, 2006 #7 of 33
    coldfusionak

coldfusionak New Member

Oct 23, 2006
    Anchorage
    Yeah, it is 136 Minutes and counting, with the same message that the CSR will ask you to fill out a survey at the end of the call, hmmm, wonder if profanity is allowable?

8. Dec 4, 2006 #8 of 33
    ashu

ashu User title defunct

Nov 8, 2002
    MD
    I spent over 150 minutes total, because nobody (until my final call) knew they had to cancel my ongoing MSD service to effect the VIP transfer. D'Oh!

9. Dec 4, 2006 #9 of 33
    coldfusionak

coldfusionak New Member

Oct 23, 2006
    Anchorage
    This is just waiting for a CSR to pick up, and it is at 154 Minutes (just waiting to talk to a Rep, not working with one at all just yet).

10. chrispitude

chrispitude New Member

Apr 23, 2005
    It took a few minutes until I got a CSR. This was around 7pm on a Friday night.

- Chris

11. TydalForce

TydalForce Active Member

Feb 8, 2006
    Philadelphia...
    as someone who works in a call center, and gets such surveys, I would like to make a request of you

If you receive any kind of survey at all about your experience with a phone rep, please be sure to distinguish between your frustration over the hold time vs. your experience with the rep.

Its unfair to penalize the rep for the hold times, when s/he has little to do about it. Long hold times are typically a combination of inadequate staffing and heavy call volume -- neither of which is controllable by the phone reps.

12. coldfusionak

coldfusionak New Member

Oct 23, 2006
    Anchorage
    Yeah, I used to do Phone service also, I know they don't have a control over volumes or wait times, those are set squarely on the TIVO not purchasing enough reps to cover the influx of calls. I am wondering if the call center is paid on how many calls are completed (whether or not resolved correctly as in volume) instead of a more ambiguous metric how many are resolved and satisfaction of that resolution.

I hate volume Call Centers, esp when I have a legitimate problem that is not in their standardized script.

13. FlippedBit

FlippedBit New Member

Dec 25, 2001
    Mountain...
    I don't remember the day or time but I believe it was less than 5 minutes. We even had a good long chat.

14. ashu

ashu User title defunct

Nov 8, 2002
    MD
    Agreed TydalForce - I personally never confuse the two (and most GOOD surveys ask you separately about both parts of the experience).

15. coldfusionak

coldfusionak New Member

Oct 23, 2006
    Anchorage
    I am hanging up, 3.5 hours on the phone, with nothing, nothing at all, do they have regional CSR's that only deal with a certain Region and Alaska has only a .5 rep that only works Wednesday's and Bank Holidays?

16. TydalForce

TydalForce Active Member

Feb 8, 2006
    Philadelphia...
    Man, that must have earned me some good karma... moments after posting, a nice girl Becky picked up the line and very friendly-ly transferred my lifetime. Total hold time, about 7 minutes.

17. Jerry_K

Jerry_K Don't know much

Feb 7, 2002
    Maryland
    First time on November 18 about 30 minutes hold and 20 minutes transfer. Today, 30 minutes hold, 20 minutes transfer and then tried to transfer to higher level and I had to hang up after 15 minutes to get to a meeting. It seems to be OK on the account. Will find out tonight when I get home from work if it is "activated"

18. coldfusionak

coldfusionak New Member

Oct 23, 2006
    Anchorage
    Maybe I should send you my info TydalForce, this is insane

19. minckster

minckster New Member

Aug 31, 2006
    Manhattan NYC
    I called around 2 pm ET on a Thursday afternoon and it took about five minutes altogether. The most time consuming part was not understanding each other, due to my New York and his (very sexy) Texan accent.

20. ravinald

ravinald New Member

Jul 4, 2002
    if i recall the timer on my phone was about 28 minutes when i completed the call.