Tivo+VCR+DVD player+Playstion - Possible?

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by lapana, Jan 18, 2006.

1. lapana

lapana New Member

Jan 18, 2006
    Hi folks - My husband and I just received Tivo as a gift from my parents, and I thought I would do some research on how to set this thing up. Through my research I realized that we have a complicated set-up going on.

The Tivo FAQ says that we need a AV Receiver in order to set up our Tivo with our VCR, our DVD player and our Playstation. I just did some preliminary internet research and it looks like an AV Receiver costs at least $150...some cost $500!!!!

My question is, do I have to buy this thing in order to set up my Tivo with all the stuff we have?? We use our DVD player, our VCR and our Playstation all the time -I am a workout video junky and have both DVD and VHS workout tapes - and my hubby loves his Playstation. Plus, I just learned from this site that you can't tape 2 things at once on Tivo - which is another reason to keep the VCR.

We may just have to buy a VCR/DVD combo - which is cheaper than this AV Receiver thing to deal with this issue. Is it possible to hook up DVD/VCR combo+ Playstation + Tivo???

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

2. dgh

dgh New Member

Jul 24, 2000
    Some cost more but you certainly don't need one. If you have enough inputs, just use them. If you don't have enough, you can get a switch, which costs way less than a receiver.

3. petew

petew Active Member

Jul 31, 2003
    Pittsburg, CA