tivo upgrade question

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by tacony, Sep 30, 2011.

1. tacony

tacony New Member

Aug 17, 2009

Advertisements

was thinking of upgrading from the tivo hd to the TiVo Premiere. Is the upgrade worth it? like interface speed or features. Or should i stick with the hd?

2. zenshadow

zenshadow New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    I'm thinking the same (TiVo HD to the $99 Premiere). Does my Lifetime Service transfer?

3. lrhorer

lrhorer Active Member

Aug 31, 2003
    San...
    I still cannot recommend the Premier, especially if one wishes to transfer recordings from the TiVo to an external device. Aside from significantly better network performance, the Premier offers nothing I consider worthwhile that the S3 and THD do not provide, let alone anything worth forking out a large chunk of extra cash. Add to that the serious limitations suffered by the Premier if your CATV provider does or decides in the future to mark all programs with a CCI value greater than zero.

4. caddyroger

caddyroger New Member

Mar 14, 2005
    Some where...
    I agree with lrhorer. If I knew what I know now I would not have bought a premire. My premiere is no different then my s3. It has the same guild as the s3. I can not use the HDUI because it is to slow. The only different is my bank account. it has less money in it.

5. Joe01880

Joe01880 I love my TiVo

Feb 8, 2009
    Boston

Advertisements

The Premiere in its current state is not worth the effort compared to the TiVo HD. You might want to wait until the Premiere Elite is out and see how it reviews, maybe wait till the price drops too.

6. lpwcomp

lpwcomp Well-Known Member

May 6, 2002
    John's...
    No, it doesn't.