TiVo units Not Visible in Desktop 2.5

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by tmackie, Aug 10, 2007.

1. tmackie

tmackie New Member

Dec 18, 2004
    Newnan, GA

Advertisements

I successfully installed 2.5 on my Vista Premium Laptop last night but it cannot find any of the three TiVos on the network. Each of them uses the TiVo wireless adapter and WPA security. For good measure, I also restarted all of the TiVo units - still not visible to the Desktop software!

All of the necessary permissions and ports are opened on the firewall; the MAK is set in Desktop; also I can see and transfer files directly by going to the https://<TiVO Address>

I know this is a rampant problem from all of the messages I have seen on this and other forums.

Any thoughts??

Thanks!

2. CuriousMark

CuriousMark Forum Denizen

Jan 13, 2005
    SoCal
    That particular set of symptoms almost always means that there is a firewall blocking port 2190 inbound for UDP and TCP packets. You should check your firewall and make sure the exception was properly set. If it is, then something else is blocking it. One possibility is wireless interference. UDP packets are not resent if interfered with.

CuriousMark