TiVo tv grid change

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by cmaquilino16, Aug 13, 2019.

1. cmaquilino16

cmaquilino16 Member

Jul 7, 2009
    United States
    Hello
    I got the new TiVo bolt vox with summer deal we’ll it has hydra on it. Going to give a try for while. But is there a way to make the tv Guide look like the The TV guide on the old software with list in a column of show going down and not across the screen.

Thanks

2. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
  3. mattyro7878

mattyro7878 Active Member

Nov 27, 2014
    He can rollback to te3, no?

4. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    Not without losing all recorded programs.

5. gary.buhrmaster

gary.buhrmaster New Member

Nov 5, 2015
    As I recall, TE4 is required for the VOX voice support, and at least some of the Bolt releases were only tested with TE4. I suspect rolling back, while possible in some cases, is practically difficult. I would recommend the OP just trying to get used to accepting the TE4 approach (as one way or the other TiVo has made it pretty clear TE4 is where most future features and capabilities are going to go).

6. johnfasc

johnfasc Active Member

Dec 24, 2014
    Don't go all out against it just yet. What I mean is don't sweat the small stuff. It all falls into place as soon as you forget the old way. I did miss the live guide myself, but its been so long I forgot what I'm missing ;)

7. Joe3

Joe3 Active Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Boston MA
    I wouldn't go down a path of zombie perception readjustment just because you found out you brought something you thought was there, but didn't find it.

Fortunately or unfortunately, you can roll the software back to TE3 to get the live guide back. You may get a good five years out of your purchase, but TiVo has put itself on a path to it own demise with a number of big mistakes. You right away found one of their biggest mistakes without blinking. They're many presently. However, they have little time left and only one more shot with its next model to correct their ship. If not the competition coming from Amazon and others who are not shoving unwanted and unnecessary superficial changes down the throats of their customers will take over the market.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
  8. tenthplanet

tenthplanet Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2004
    The so called competition is OTA only, it doesn't do cable. Amazon and Tablo are locked in a death match for the niche OTA market. Tivo has more life than you think left in it. In 20 years everything could be streaming and nothing will be recorded. Approach your needs now, Tivo's demise has been predicted for years.

9. cmaquilino16

cmaquilino16 Member

Jul 7, 2009
    United States
    Thanks guy for the answer , no live guide. Well this new TiVo is in my office so that is fine, I got TiVo roamio Pro family room and mini in bedroom They are still on old easier to use and better live guide software will not be putting hydra on my Roamio.

Later

10. Joe3

Joe3 Active Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Boston MA
    Until recently, it was debated whether or not TiVo as a concept would survive. Whether or not a personal computer like device in the home would be acceptable means of aggregating personal entertainment choices into simple on demand file and retrieval system. The concept was proven successful and is surviving in many forms.

However, when people speak of TiVo survival today, they are talking about the management and development decisions of the aforementioned proven concept from a particular producer, TiVo. Otherwise, the successful or lack of successful marketing, development, and implementation of TiVo's latest product . The conversation today, when talking about TiVo's future is about their organizational capacity and capabilities, which continues or not to produce a desirable product that people want to purchase in the future.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
  11. KevTech

KevTech Member

Apr 15, 2014
    At least not the same one that TE3 has.

Press Up on the remote to see TE4's version of live guide.