TiVo tried to cheat me

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by lkupersmith, Jan 25, 2013.

1. lkupersmith

lkupersmith Member

Dec 17, 2001
    FL

Advertisements

Anyone else buy a TiVo Premiere with the 3 Months Free offer? My first two months were free, but they just billed my credit card for the third month. I called customer support and they'll credit my card back for the erroneous charge but I was wondering if it was an honest mistake or if they're doing this to others also?

2. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Fishers, IN
    :confused: :confused: :confused:

If you don't know whether it was a honest mistake or not, then why did you post in the title of your thread that TiVo tried to cheat you?

3. shwru980r

shwru980r Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2008
    It might be a glitch in their billing software in how they calculate the 3 months. But I think it's still inexcusable. They should have offered you another free month of service as compensation.

4. CatScratchFever

CatScratchFever Guest

Apr 14, 2011
    Prescott AZ
    maybe because they did try??

5. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Fishers, IN

Advertisements

What makes you think they "tried"? That infers intent....it could have been simply a billing error and/or software glitch. Geez...

6. CatScratchFever

CatScratchFever Guest

Apr 14, 2011
    Prescott AZ
    keep drinking the koolaid

7. jrtroo

jrtroo Chill- its just TV

Feb 4, 2008
    Chicagoland
    Where is the koolaid?

Innocent until proven guilty. So far, all indications are an accident.

8. lkupersmith

lkupersmith Member

Dec 17, 2001
    FL
    Whether or not it was intentional or not, if I hadn't closely looked at my credit card statement, I would have been cheated out of a promised free month. If no one else has been charged for monthly service while within the Premiere 3 month free offer period, I'll chalk it up to an accident on their part.

Meanwhile, just saying, keep an eye on your TiVo bills if you upgraded during that offer.

9. waynomo

waynomo My One Time

Nov 9, 2002
    Seven...
    Which variety; San Francisco or Jonestown? If SF, I'm all over it.:D

I would say you are cheating yourself by not getting the lifetime. But to each his own. I did the lifetime on 2 TiVos and no regrets.

Still it is good you caught it. You might try a thread with a different title to find out what you want to know. Something like "Did you get your 3 months free as promised?"

10. CatScratchFever

CatScratchFever Guest

Apr 14, 2011
    Prescott AZ
    Cherry is my Fav!