Tivo Transfer between 2 S2's won't anymore

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by jdmatl, Dec 4, 2011.

1. jdmatl

jdmatl Member

Apr 26, 2003
    I have two S2's, one a Dual Tuner, the other a S2 single tuner. I have been able to transfer between these two forever. Tivo called this Multi-Room Viewing with the S2's. Its more like mulit-room copy between units. It isn't streaming.

Today I can "see" each unit, connect to it. I can select a tvshow that ISN'T COPY PROTECTED and it just queues up and won't transfer.

I get the "added to the ToDoList", will be transferred after Blah blah have completed.

Rebooted, each Tivo, no change. Tivo Desktop doing the same.

There are NO programs in the ToDoList on either unit. Several reboots, same thing.

All Wifi routers, firewalls etc have been rebooted.

Also stopped Bonjour on desktop and laptop to see if that was an causing an issue. nothing...

Suggestions?

2. jdmatl

jdmatl Member

Apr 26, 2003
    yes, you can I transfer (copy) shows between S2's for years using the built-in feature of the old S2's. You know, copy a tv episode from one tivo in another room to another over Wifi provided you are on the same subnet. and none of the recordings are deleted, till you visit each one and delete them yourself.

3. ggieseke

ggieseke Well-Known Member

May 30, 2008
    Try disconnecting the network cables, reboot them, then go have lunch. After they've been back up for a while without a network any pending "ghost" transfers should go away and you can plug the network back in.

4. jdmatl

jdmatl Member

Apr 26, 2003
    Seems the "ghost in the machine" was in the S2 Dual Tuner, a 3rd reboot seems to fix EVERYTHING. I have owed Tivo's since the old S1 and have never see this before. Almost enough to make me buy a Moxy and get a WD TV for streaming. :)