Tivo ToGo and iPhone?

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by jshawl, Jul 27, 2007.

1. jshawl

jshawl New Member

Jul 27, 2007
    Can shows be downloaded to an iPhone? If no, anyone know if this capability will be offered soon?

Thanks!!

2. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    AFAIK iPhones work just like iPods, and the Plus version of TiVo Desktop has the ability to transcode TiVo shows to iPod format so it should work with the iPhone as well.

Dan

3. Bai Shen

Bai Shen Toboggan noggin

Dec 17, 2004
    How does the Tivo Desktop Plus iPod converter work? Does it copy over all the metadata?

4. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    I believe it does, but it's been a while since I've used the feature so I could be mistaken.

Dan

5. jshawl

jshawl New Member

Jul 27, 2007
    This downloaded like a charm to my iPhone :)

But question now is, can I download a version with the commercials editted out? VideoReDo doesn't appear to recognize the format for the iPod, and I'm not seeing how to convert a file to iPod format after I've editted the commercials out.

Thanks!!

6. CuriousMark

CuriousMark Forum Denizen

Jan 13, 2005
    SoCal
    Use VideoRedo on the *.tivo file. Then use the converter wrapper in the sticky thread above to convert it for iPod.

7. jshawl

jshawl New Member

Jul 27, 2007
    I've been trying to use the converter wrapper, but it appears to just keep on converting and never end (this is after a few hours). Any advice?

8. nhaigh

nhaigh Member

Jul 16, 2001
    Lawrencevill...
    Yes it does. The iPod organizes the programs by series name and then episode name and date in the same way it does Album and Track name for music. There is no show description information though :( but I think that's down to the iPod.