Tivo to Tivo Transfer

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by Dneon95, Jan 14, 2006.

1. Dneon95

Dneon95 New Member

Jan 14, 2006

Advertisements

I have had my Tivo (bedroom) for a while now, and recently upgraded our other one (living room) to the Tivo service. It was running Tivo basic, it's a Toshiba. I set both of them to be able to tranfer. I can see both from my PC, and I can transfer to my PC from both. They also see each other, but will not transfer to one another and im stumped. If I try to view (living room) FROM (bedroom), it tells me that the living room unit does not have transfers enabled, which isnt true. If I view mine from the living room, it tells me an error has occured and transfers are unavailble. Ive connected to the service and updated both many times, and it just wont work. Yet everything works with the PC just fine. If it helps they are both running the new Tivo branded wireless G adapters, and I have a D-Link 802.11 G router. Any help would be great!

2. HDTiVo

HDTiVo Not so Senior Member

Nov 27, 2002
    You may have to log into your account on TiVo's web site and adjust the settings for the TiVoes to allow transfers. Then wait awhile and reconnect each tivo to the service for an update.

3. Dneon95

Dneon95 New Member

Jan 14, 2006
    Done that, numerous times. Ive changed them back and forth and updated a ton of times, no luck.

4. rainwater

rainwater Active Member

Sep 21, 2004
    Did you try restarting each TiVo?

5. Dneon95

Dneon95 New Member

Jan 14, 2006

Advertisements

Yeah of course. Ive done just about everything imaginable. I can even transfer a show from the bedroom to the PC, and then pull the show from the PC to the living room. But that obviously doubles my time and is a pain. They just wont pull from each other. I noticed early last year a lot of people had this exact same problem, but Tivo fixed it with an update. Just seems strange why I am having it now.

6. windracer

windracer joined the 10k club

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    Try checking the advanced troubleshooting screen for transfers:

TiVo Central - Messages & Settings - Troubleshooting - Transferring Recordings and then press Enter on your remote.

From your Living Room DVR you should be able to see the Bedroom unit listed and it should say "connection confirmed."

Oh, and one other thing ... they're both on the same subnet, right?

7. Aflat

Aflat Member

Aug 29, 2005
    Couple of things to try. Make sure in your Tivo Central transfers are set to enabled. It might be in the TV programs listings, but someplace you have to enable trasnfers for both machines.

Also, when you enable transfers from the website, it may take about a day for that to get pushed to your tivos.

8. gadgetLarry

gadgetLarry TiVo Crazy

Jan 30, 2005
    Bloomsbury, NJ
    In the past I found that my PC and one of the TiVo units were using the same IP address. This exhibited behavior similar to what you are experiencing. Don't know how it got like that since I was using DHCP but after straightening this out, my problems went away. -- Larry

9. Slicker

Slicker New Member

Aug 26, 2002
    You mentioned that one of the units has Tivo Basic

Is MRV supported with Basic? Or did you upgrade?