TiVo to TiVo Transfer w/ Series 3

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by Applehead, Aug 11, 2007.

1. Applehead

Applehead MacInTiVo

Apr 13, 2004
    The OC
    I bought a second network adapter from TiVo when I bought our new Series 3 HD TiVo expecting to be able to transfer programs between our old Series 2 and our new Series 3. I finally got around to setting it up, and found no way for the two TiVos to communicate. A call to TiVo service tells me that due to HD copying paranoia that they haven' got permission to allow anything off the 3, but that I can send stuff from the 2 to the 3. Still no luck. I call again, and this time a new person says sorry, can't transfer to or from a Series 3. Got bad info on first call.

BTW, I never expected to transfer any HD programs, just the regular ones.

Any help on this anybody? Or have I just been had on the second network adapter.

Robin Huber
    Yorba Linda, CA

2. saramj

saramj New Member

Feb 3, 2005
    New Jersey
    From what I have been told that TiVo has promissed TTG for the Series 3 HD by the end of the year.

3. classicsat

classicsat Astute User

Feb 18, 2004
    Ontario Canada.
    For now, you can't transfer video "in-house" at all on the Series 3 platform. You can use internet video available to TiVos, such as TiVocast and Unbox.