Tivo to Tivo not working!

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Dneon95, Jan 14, 2006.

1. Dneon95

Dneon95 New Member

Jan 14, 2006

Advertisements

I have had my Tivo (bedroom) for a while now, and recently upgraded our other one (living room) to the Tivo service. It was running Tivo basic, it's a Toshiba. I set both of them to be able to tranfer. I can see both from my PC, and I can transfer to my PC from both. They also see each other, but will not transfer to one another and im stumped. If I try to view (living room) FROM (bedroom), it tells me that the living room unit does not have transfers enabled, which isnt true. If I view mine from the living room, it tells me an error has occured and transfers are unavailble. Ive connected to the service and updated both many times, and it just wont work. Yet everything works with the PC just fine. If it helps they are both running the new Tivo branded wireless G adapters, and I have a D-Link 802.11 G router. Any help would be great!

2. funtoupgrade

funtoupgrade New Member

Mar 15, 2005
    Try resetting the media access key in Tivo desktop.

3. Dneon95

Dneon95 New Member

Jan 14, 2006
    Ive tried that as well, without luck. Besides, what does Tivo Desktop have to do with multi room? It should work wehther that server is up or not shouldnt it? In any case, it's working fine because both DVRs can see and transfer to the PC, just not eachother.

4. windracer

windracer joined the 10k club

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL