tivo to pc to dvd

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by mpbone, Aug 6, 2007.

1. mpbone

mpbone New Member

Aug 6, 2007
    Florida
    Hi,
    i am a newbe and have recorded tv shows, transferred one to my pc and wish to make a dvd copy, how to? and is it legal? I have series2 models, with all services paid for to transfer between units and use my media key.
    thanks
    mpb

2. richsadams

richsadams Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2003
    Yes you can create DVD copies of TiVo recordings legally but you'll need a third-party program like Easy Media Creator or VideoReDo (there are others as well). Check out the TiVoToGo area on Tivo's website. Look under "Burn your TiVo recordings to a DVD". How you do it will depend on the program you use.

You may want to check out this thread for more tips as well.

Right now VideoReDo is the most popular program but it also requires a couple of extra steps using other programs to create a DVD. I believe VideoReDo will be releasing a new version that will include a built in DVD burner soon (it might be available as a beta already).

Here is a basic step-by-step procedure as well.

3. Soapm

Soapm Active Member

May 9, 2007
    Aurora, CO

I thought ideoRedo just removed the commercials. Does it do other things?

4. captain_video

captain_video Member

Feb 28, 2002
    VideoReDo can do lots of things like converting mpegs to transport streams or running a quickstream fix for those stubborn mpeg files, just to name a couple.

5. Soapm

Soapm Active Member

May 9, 2007
    Aurora, CO
    Wow, I feel like I bought an entire box of tools but only use the screwdriver...

6. mpbone

mpbone New Member

Aug 6, 2007
    Florida
    thanks for all the good info
    mpb

7. usnret

usnret New Member

Nov 25, 2003
    NW Ohio
    Any word on the VideoReDo upgrade (Dan)????

8. mpbone

mpbone New Member

Aug 6, 2007
    Florida
    to all received replies, thanks, but i use roxio ver 9 and could use step by step instrucions
    thanks
    mpbone