Tivo to Go to DVD transfer

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by expmag, Oct 1, 2011.

1. Oct 1, 2011 #1 of 11
    expmag

expmag RehobothJeff

Dec 12, 2004
    Rehoboth...
    It has been years since I used the Tivo to Go software but I remember being able to burn a show to a dvd. I moved the show to my computer and now want to put it on a DVD. Am I missing this function or has it been removed? If removed, what is the easiest way to take the file and put it on a DVD so it can be watched on a standard DVD player? Thanks,

2. Oct 1, 2011 #2 of 11
    steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    IIRC TivoToGo has never supported burning to DVD.

If you want a top notch, well supported, all in one solution, check out VideoReDo. VideoReDo TV Suite version 3 will do want you want.
    http://www.videoredo.com/en/Compare.htm
    There is a 15 day free trial with this product. You'll have to register for a trial key to get full functionality.

If you want free, it's possible, but it won't be an all in one solution.
    You'll need software to decrypt the .tivo file to a regular mpg, software to author the video to DVD format, and possibly DVD burning software.

3. Oct 1, 2011 #3 of 11
    steve614

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
  4. rick430

rick430 New Member

May 14, 2007
    whats the best DVD riping software for the mac

5. Phantom Gremlin

Phantom Gremlin Active Member

Jun 20, 2002
    Tualatin,...
    RipIt has worked fine for me. But I'm sure that the choices for a PC are far greater.

Also, you're more likely to get a more nuanced response if you frequent a forum populated by Macheads. E.g. here is a long thread about how the studio is making Thor hard to rip.

6. Don0

Don0 New Member

May 27, 2007
    Hi everybody. I managed to convert from tivo file to mpeg. When I used dvdstyler to convert mpeg to dvd it was ok up until I hit "dvd burn". It started but then got hung up so that the program wasn't responding. I then switched the option to burn an iso file thinking I could try to use the imgburn listed above (I don't know if that would have worked) but dvdstyler got hung up in exactly the same place.

Any suggestions or maybe alternative free software for converting mpeg to dvd?

7. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    Can you just author to a DVD folder? If so ImgBurn can create the DVD from that, it doesn't need an ISO.

Dan

8. Don0

Don0 New Member

May 27, 2007
    I guess not. There's an option that says "just generate" and the same thing happens.

I also tried a program called "dvd Flick" recommended by yahoo answers. It seemingly was going fine till some little subprogram stopped working in the middle and windows wanted to send off an error report.

Oh, for the right program that will work.

9. steve614

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    Take advantage of VideoReDo's free trial. Register for a trial key for full functionality for 15 days.

http://www.videoredo.com/en/ProductTVS.htm

Use VRD TV Suite and run your video file throught the quickstream fix tool.
    Open the new file in VRD and proceed to create the DVD.

If that works, then your problem may have been with the video file and not the free software you are trying to use.
    Try to make a DVD with the new file created with quickstream fix using DVD Styler to confirm.

I don't know how often you plan to make DVD's of your Tivo shows, but if it's more often than not, VRD is a good investment and it works directly with .tivo files. No need to convert first.

10. lrhorer

lrhorer Active Member

Aug 31, 2003
    San...
    Note in order to use VRD with a .TiVo file, you will need to have TiVoDesktop loaded. It doesn't actually make use of TiVoDesktop, it's just a licensing thing.

11. Don0

Don0 New Member

May 27, 2007
    Thanks guys, but I guess I'm going to pass on any more attempts. Thanks again for the replies!