TiVo To Go: Function Failed During Execution

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by rgura, Jan 12, 2006.

1. rgura

rgura RobGTX

Feb 20, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Howdy all,

I am seeing the error message "Function failed during execution" from time to time while transfering movies from TiVo Series 2 (latest SW version) using TiVo Desktop 2.2.

Anyone else seen this problem.

Background:
    Using Netgear wireless WG111 adapter
    100% Connection from the TiVo sceen when transfer starts
    Later TiVo shows connection "None"
    Try resetting wireless (usb out then back in)
    TiVo reconnects
    goes for a few more hours
    Later TiVo shows connection "None"

Eventually TiVo Desktop will show "Some transfers have been interrupted", open the Transfer status screen and the Message "! Function failed during execution is displayed." along with Status "Delayed".

Browuse back to the TiVo with TiVo desktop and "Details Unavailable" shows is displayed where the program name used to be.

Now here is the odd bit, I can actually browse directly to the TiVo and see the file still in the Now Playing list. I.e. browse to //192 dot 168 dot x dot x/ nowplaying/index.html So I know it is still there.

This seems like some strange bug in the download auto-recovery code or something.

Any help?????

2. analisa_roche

analisa_roche Tivo Newbie

Feb 4, 2006
    Fort Worth, TX
    I know this is old but it came up when I Googled my problem. Did you get it resolved? Would you mind telling me how? Thanks.